Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2007, 12:12 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,597,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
when i lived in austin, I never saw a good looking chick in the whole 5 months I lived there.
Oh come-on sberdrow...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 12:33 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,765,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post
Oh come-on sberdrow...
well.....there was my wife, but honestly when you come here to Colorado Mike, you are in for a nice suprise.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:35 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,872,924 times
Quote:
when i lived in austin, I never saw a good looking chick in the whole 5 months I lived there.
I gotta say, that statement seems ridiculous! I'm married now but that doesn't mean my eyes have stopped working There are many, many attractive people here. I'm not sure what you consider "a good looking chick" though...

And did you really only live here for 5 months? That doesn't seem like much time to get a read on things bro...

Old 11-26-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twange View Post
I gotta say, that statement seems ridiculous! I'm married now but that doesn't mean my eyes have stopped working There are many, many attractive people here. I'm not sure what you consider "a good looking chick" though...

And did you really only live here for 5 months? That doesn't seem like much time to get a read on things bro...
ok I take it back....fine...how about if I edit that statement to "in 5 months, I didnt see anything that thought was my type," can we live with that? Sorry I offended everybody. I was in Pflugerville, and did not make it out to Austin proper very often. Can I have a "get out of jail card now" Pretty please?

Yes, 5 months was not long. Then again, while I was doing my 5 month sentence in pflugerville, it seems VERY long. Point taken however

Old 11-26-2007, 01:10 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,872,924 times
Quote:
ok I take it back....fine...how about if I edit that statement to "in 5 months, I didnt see anything that thought was my type," can we live with that? Sorry I offended everybody. I was in Pflugerville, and did not make it out to Austin proper very often. Can I have a "get out of jail card now" Pretty please?

Yes, 5 months was not long. Then again, while I was doing my 5 month sentence in pflugerville, it seems VERY long. Point taken however
Awe, you didn't offend me. Just some friendly jousting

Pflugerville huh? The closest I've been to it has been driving past it on I-35. But I hear it's a nice old town, especially if you're looking for a quiet place to raise children or get away from crowds.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,419 times
Default 10 reasons why NOT to move here

I've lived here for almost 20 years, I'm all for growth and progress but there are some major problems:
1) Traffic/congestion/parking/ugly sprawl
2) High Rent/housing prices
3) Lack of decent public/alternative transportation
4) Decline in weirdness/becoming more Dallas-like
5) Low wages for over-educated workforce, poor training for undereducated workers
6) Mismatch between skills of population and type of jobs available: too many tech jobs, not enough workers, too many business/management degreed population, not enough business/mgmt jobs
7) Becoming more red and a lot less blue
8) Gentrification/lack of affordable housing for lower income families
9) People are superficially friendly, yet actually very cliquish and smug
10) Dangerous drivers/roadways-Our part of I-35 is the deadliest stretch in the country. Lack of decent east-west roads
11) Heaps of police scandals as off late -racial, financial, excessive force, etc.
12) Hotter than Hades, plus high humidity
13) Hell for allergy sufferers, especially mold and cedar

Old 12-08-2007, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,416 times
Wink No Pro Sports Teams

If you're a pro sports nut, you won't be happy here. The closest pro teams are in San Antonio and Houston.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:24 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,596,033 times
The girls in colorado are not prettier than the girls in Austin. Even my husband thought some of them looked a little weather beaten, unless they were 20 or younger. Live enough years in a dry, windy climate and it's gonna wreack a little havoc on your skin. The humidity is a plus in that department.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:40 AM

37 posts, read 122,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname_com View Post
... This thread has gone on for way too long like this post.
Personally... I hope it goes on and on and on and on. AND I hope everyone who considers moving here reads it. Keep complainin' and keep 'em outta here!

On that note... EVERYONE is ugly, mean horrible and judgmental. It is the hottest place on the entire planet and almost uninhabitable. The music scene is a myth and the taxes are oppresive. There is nothing redeemable or likeable in the least and if the allergies don't kill you, the snakes will. STAY AWAY!

Old 12-09-2007, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
The girls in colorado are not prettier than the girls in Austin. Even my husband thought some of them looked a little weather beaten, unless they were 20 or younger. Live enough years in a dry, windy climate and it's gonna wreack a little havoc on your skin. The humidity is a plus in that department.
well, speaking of Weather....you Austinites have the most miserable summer, but I bet your not shoveling your drive in the freezing cold like I did this morning...I just finished shoveling and it started snowing again....AAUUG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin