Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2010, 02:25 AM

371 posts, read 637,220 times

Advertisements

Hi--

I'm planning to find some sort of extended stay motel/hotel for when I move back to Austin in a few months. It would be for probably 1-2 months, and I'm looking for something at or less than $700/mo in general (I know there's tax for the first 30 days). Value Place Inns are about that cheap (or around there), but has anyone stayed at one of the Inns near Austin? The only thread I found was from a couple of years ago, when they were new. There was another thread, but it was about a Value Place in another state.

Are there other safe, clean extended stay places? Homewood is good but too expensive; Homestead and Extended Stay seem to get lousy reviews. Staybridge is probably too much. Heck, even Super 8 might be too much for that long a time.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 12:52 PM

653 posts, read 1,793,881 times
My friend stayed there when she first relocated to Austin. She would not stay there again.
The price may seem low, but they tack on a lot of extras. So just make sure you know all of the details of the cost and charges.

I stayed at Extended Stay, for about a week, and it was not very clean or very well maintained.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:03 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,779,419 times
Candlewood Suites are the best 2* extended stay type hotels in town. Maybe call and see what kind of monthly rate you can negotiate?

Old 05-19-2010, 04:38 PM
F&N

24 posts, read 77,578 times
Stayed at the one in Round Rock, while our house was finished being built. The staff was very professional. The complaint we had is when we found some small roaches in the bathroom. We immediately informed the manager & they had their contracted exterminator out within hours. Also watch out for the washer & dryers, we ended up using the local laundry-mat, because the dryers never dried the clothes?

Old 05-19-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eileenkeeney View Post
My friend stayed there when she first relocated to Austin. She would not stay there again.
The price may seem low, but they tack on a lot of extras. So just make sure you know all of the details of the cost and charges.
Their website is pretty clear about the price not including a lot, and things like internet and dishes costing extra (not to mention the tax for the first 30 days). Are those the extras you mean, or are you talking about weird stuff that you never heard of before?

Old 05-19-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F&N View Post
Stayed at the one in Round Rock, while our house was finished being built. The staff was very professional. The complaint we had is when we found some small roaches in the bathroom. We immediately informed the manager & they had their contracted exterminator out within hours. Also watch out for the washer & dryers, we ended up using the local laundry-mat, because the dryers never dried the clothes?
Did you have any bug problems after that? Did you have to leave the room for a while because of the pesticide chemicals, or did they use a gel (I don't react well to chemicals...)?

Old 05-19-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbius View Post
Candlewood Suites are the best 2* extended stay type hotels in town. Maybe call and see what kind of monthly rate you can negotiate?
I tried calling the one in south Austin but couldn't understand the guy who picked up (and I got the Candlewood recording first, so I know it was the correct number). He kept mumbling so much that I couldn't figure out what he was saying....

Old 05-19-2010, 07:56 PM

254 posts, read 1,182,998 times
No experience with this chain, but I will add that I was very happy with Staybridge when we moved here. I've stayed at several extended stay hotels, and for the money, this one was pretty good. SUPER comfy beds, compared to, say, a Residence Inn where I would rather sleep on the pullout couch than the bed.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:06 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,779,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehjeh View Post
I tried calling the one in south Austin but couldn't understand the guy who picked up (and I got the Candlewood recording first, so I know it was the correct number). He kept mumbling so much that I couldn't figure out what he was saying....
Bummer, I've stayed at that particular hotel and its pretty decent. If you decide to call back and book when you check in ask for a room facing away from the highway. The highway noise was too loud for me and I had to change rooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin