U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2010, 08:40 AM

3 posts, read 8,089 times

Advertisements

Hey there!

I'm a swiss undergraduate (Business Administration) student and considering to study my master of courseworks (Master of Marketing) either in Sydney or Perth.

Into consideration would the following universities come:

Sydney:

University of Sydney
University of New South Wales

Perth:
University of Western Australia

These unis are all members of the group of eight so as far as I know well recognised national as well as international.

But I'm quite unsure in which city i will spend 1-1.5 years of my live.

To make you the answers more comfortable some infos about me:

- I grew up in a suburb near zurich city (1 million population)

- I like the city-life but but also the nature, the beaches, some relaxed environments

- I like the cosmopolitan (trendy) lifestyle but also a bit laid-back

- I like to play golf, dive, drink wine and relax sometimes on the beach

It's important for me the make the right choice for my job perspectives in Europe. Which city is in your opinion more well-known in Europe. With a Master in Marketing in which city are the chances higher in the job market in Europe?

Thanks so much for the answers!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 07:24 PM

24,682 posts, read 50,979,445 times
Of course Sydney is more well-known in Europe and the rest of the world. You probably know that Perth is much smaller, so if you want to be close to the action I'd choose Sydney. If I was in your shoes I'd choose Sydney, simply because there's so much to do and there's nothing Perth has that Sydney doesn't (except isolation, maybe). But then again, it'd be nice to see more people choose Perth, and plenty of students still have fun here!

Old 09-21-2010, 12:54 AM

1,503 posts, read 2,422,718 times
I would also consider just outside of Sydney:
The University of Wollongong
The University of Newcastle
These are in a way satellite cities of Sydney, Wollongong in particular as it is substantially closer to Sydney, only 80K's or so.
Both are well established universities with good reputations.

Old 10-02-2010, 10:43 PM

5,077 posts, read 4,451,738 times
No brainer as far as i am concerned,Sydney all the way.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:28 PM

9,336 posts, read 20,601,370 times
For an MBA the AGSM (joint USyd/UNSW) is tops in Oz followed by Melbourne. For a Masters in Marketing, it would follow that USyd would be the better choice. I vote for USyd as it is more recognized outside Oz (at least people have heard of it more than UWA).
Australian MBA Rankings Australia - MBAGuide.com.au

Curious though, how did the OP come up with these 2 choices?

Old 10-04-2010, 03:20 AM

3 posts, read 5,284 times
Your Describing a lifestyle in abundance in Perth... although Sydney does promise the city/nature lifestyle as well.

On the professional side of things, i think what your looking for is (Master of Marketing Research). Best taught at Edith Cowan University (ECU), located in Perth, Western Australia.

However UNSW and USYD are easily more recognizable in Europe
If your looking to study in a University with Status as the main reason go for Sydney!

Old 10-04-2010, 04:11 AM

3 posts, read 8,089 times
@ minibrings
these two cities were strongly recommended by friends etc., the programs in these institutions are recognised and you don't find them in europe (except France which i'm not considering).

Of course Sydney has better reputation from the professional side, i think i will apply for sydney and perth and if i get into a program in sydney i would go for it.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,256 times
What about the medical field ?
I am planning to attend a 1 year fellowship in Radiology, and I have the option of west mead hospital or royal Perth hospital.... Can anyone help me choose?

Old 03-26-2013, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,469 times
Am from kenya in africa... Planiing to go study my post gradiate in either sydney, perth or adelaide and i just want a place i can be able to work amd raise my school fees. Please help me decide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand