Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 03:34 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,494 times

Advertisements

Nice little webcam showing how quick the river goes up

Woodstock Webcam » Tasman District Council
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 06:45 PM

141 posts, read 342,207 times
13C here in Christchurch today and wet. Supposed to reach 18C but cant see that. Got a bloody leak in the ceiling now from all the shakes weve had so another job to add to the list!

Old 12-27-2010, 07:05 PM

5,058 posts, read 7,494,606 times
Well i got back to brisbane on boxingday - Just. Call from my father that night, another 100mm of rain fell on their home town that day. All roads to the town are cut off and are likley to be for the next four days, water is lapping at the door of their house and my cousins is in a foot of water.

I am sick of the bloody rain!

Old 12-27-2010, 07:23 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,725,719 times
Sorry to hear about all that yukky cold and wet stuff over east and in NZ! Not nice in summer.

Much more pleasant here in Perth today. Sunny, with a nice cool breeze right now. It's supposed to get to 33C today, which is a lovely temperature.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:02 PM

River somewhere near the West Coast

This is from 6.22am, looks like its lowest point

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

To its highest point at just after 1pm

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9020/river2zu.jpg (broken link)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Really is quite amazing just to have a look through the webcam and see how quickly it rises.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
Sorry to hear about all that yukky cold and wet stuff over east and in NZ! Not nice in summer.

Much more pleasant here in Perth today. Sunny, with a nice cool breeze right now. It's supposed to get to 33C today, which is a lovely temperature.
I see Queensland in a bit of trouble as well, I'm always amazed at how much rain some systems bring in up there, even though it is the tropics, some of the amounts and how much rain falls per hour is unreal.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:00 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,260,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I see Queensland in a bit of trouble as well, I'm always amazed at how much rain some systems bring in up there, even though it is the tropics, some of the amounts and how much rain falls per hour is unreal.
It has been a very wet and cloudy Xmas for QLD'ers and Brisbanites:

Brisbane, Qld - Daily Weather Observations

Almost 480mm rain this month and still a few days left in the month (and they haven't cracked the 100 sunshine hours mark either)!

Old 12-28-2010, 02:09 AM

148 posts, read 323,178 times
Today I was in Bowral, which is in the Southern Highlands just south of Sydney.

It was very cloudy, little/no rain and a high of just 15C, hovering around the 13-14 mark most of the day. I'm really suprised that there's places in Australia that have such cold in one of the hottest months of the year! Truly bizarre.

Past 24hrs in Bowral

Old 12-28-2010, 05:44 AM

102 posts, read 146,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerOfFate View Post
Today I was in Bowral, which is in the Southern Highlands just south of Sydney.

It was very cloudy, little/no rain and a high of just 15C, hovering around the 13-14 mark most of the day. I'm really suprised that there's places in Australia that have such cold in one of the hottest months of the year! Truly bizarre.

Past 24hrs in Bowral
Bowral is at 650m elevation, so not really out of the ordinary, even in mid-summer.

Some towns near sea level in Victoria went as low as 3°C last night. E.g.
Latrobe Valley Latrobe Valley, Vic - Daily Weather Observations

Sale Sale, Vic - Daily Weather Observations

Can be done if it clears up after a cold and cloudy day like yesterday.

Then there are places in SW Vic expecting temps well under 20C for most of the week, as low as 16C in some coastal places. The southern half of the state is really copping the worst of this non-summer. Same for the south coast of NSW, lot of 17C highs around there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand