Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2010, 12:59 PM

5 posts, read 35,465 times

Advertisements

Okay I give ?

I have been friends with a Kiwi for a long time now. Mostly through email. Can anyone please tell me why my friend will talk with me all day and night, tell me everything about his life, we lean on each other for support... but will not EVER wish me a happy hoilday no matter what it is? We are both in the states. No Christmas, never asks about my birthday even though I know when his birthday is and I wish him a happy day.. but I mean nothing.. no even have a good hoilday. Is this some Kiwi thing? The person is never rude very nice to be around, but just will not recongize a hoilday with me..other people yes.. me no.

Answers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 02:04 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,787,221 times
No, it is not a kiwi thing. It's just him.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:36 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,473,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
No, it is not a kiwi thing. It's just him.
This

Old 12-27-2010, 06:37 PM

141 posts, read 343,264 times
Agree with above...its just him

Old 12-27-2010, 10:02 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,303,974 times
Why there have been at least three threads complaining about how Kiwi people are like?

Old 12-28-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Why there have been at least three threads complaining about how Kiwi people are like?
Trimac 20...

I was not complaining.. I was simply asking a question about customs in another country and if this happend to be one of them. He is a wonderful man, never said that he wasn't. Thank you all for your imput. I will ask him myself for the reasoning behind the no "wishes".

Old 12-28-2010, 04:56 PM

9,325 posts, read 22,076,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibond View Post
Okay I give ?

I have been friends with a Kiwi for a long time now. Mostly through email. Can anyone please tell me why my friend will talk with me all day and night, tell me everything about his life, we lean on each other for support... but will not EVER wish me a happy hoilday no matter what it is? We are both in the states. No Christmas, never asks about my birthday even though I know when his birthday is and I wish him a happy day.. but I mean nothing.. no even have a good hoilday. Is this some Kiwi thing? The person is never rude very nice to be around, but just will not recongize a hoilday with me..other people yes.. me no.

Answers?
Have you just asked him? You said he tells you everything, he should have no worries telling you why. Just the way one person acts a certain way does not mean all 4million+ kiwis act the same way. Same for the states - one rude yank does not mean all 300 million are the same way. Best not to stereotype.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:13 PM

[ Best not to stereotype.[/quote]

Okay I give.. I was not stereotypeing, I was asking a question... I am not sure where I said this was a kiwi thing.. just asked if it was some sort of thing..that's all. I give wont ask any of you any more questions. I will just let you all decided what is the best topic to talk about. Love Kiwi's Love americans..good gosh..all it was, was a question..

Old 12-28-2010, 09:24 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,955,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibond View Post

Okay I give.. I was not stereotypeing, I was asking a question... I am not sure where I said this was a kiwi thing.. just asked if it was some sort of thing..that's all. I give wont ask any of you any more questions. I will just let you all decided what is the best topic to talk about. Love Kiwi's Love americans..good gosh..all it was, was a question..

Well dont expect a Kiwi to wish you a happy thanksgiving its meaningless to us :P

But actually I think its very fair to say Kiwis are no where near religious as Americans so perhaps to many of us Xmas is just another commercial holiday.

Having said that Xmas is still very popular, but personally I see it as for the kids so dont tend to wish friends Happy Xmas etc. As for birthday I do acknowledge if I remember :P .

So "if" there is a general Kiwi angle that would be my best take on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand