Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 08:03 PM

53 posts, read 108,466 times

Advertisements

I know that everyone here says..."Wait, once you get your approval, then it's like gold."

But, I'm a business person. It is not easy to build things up, and then sell them. I know that I can walk in and hired 15 ppl now. But, I don't have the 2trillion they want to buy a visa. The longer I sit and wait, the less I have to spend for things like this. I may just get to the point, where I start work in USA again, and if offered, say forget it!

What is weird, is that we are last family out. We lived in America for 15 years. I'm wondering, is the immigration being racist? Oh, here is a better one...we are originally Lebanese. Fact is, christian. Hate Hezbollah and more. I just don't get why we are not offered an interview or anything. Why we have to pay, pay, pay and wait.

When I go onto Youtube, I just see the hatred against Americans. What did we do to you Aussies? I can understand Lebanese (and there are 2 different groups - I'm the one who left lebanon to never look back!)....but, this is just mind-boggeling.

I pay my taxes, do my duties. Raise kids American and more. I can even go and teach professionally with my degrees in a school. I speak english like a native American and more.

I just don't get it. Am I to get in, on my last dime and struggle...or, what is the REAL hold up. Frankly, on my last papers I recieved...it was the same thing. They agree with everyone (10 points)...but deny us on 1 point. Who is nothing more than an elderly man. They call him 'unreasonable.' This seems to be a farce. It blows my mind. Therefore, they must not want Americans to come in. And, I'm seriously wondering that.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:09 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,986,643 times
well it may be because of your age. BTW I know an guy who I used to work with and was an new immigrant from Lebanon and he had big trouble speaking English.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:41 PM

Default First, I just hit 40...

New laws are now put, in July 2011, that one must be older than I. Second...waz up? I think my english excellant.

No...it has to be racial. I'm sorry. I have examined all other points. AND NOT to be requested for an interview? That just makes me wonder even more.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:47 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
There are quotas on immigration.

Many people want to come to Australia, being a Christian Lebanese will not be the reason. There are many Lebanese, both Christian & Muslim in Australia.

You say your English is good, however I did have trouble understanding your post.

You're a family trying to migrate to Australia. Will you be able to find work straight away, how many people in your family are you attempting to migrate? How old are they?

These might be the reason you're having difficulty migrating to Australia.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:48 PM

5,060 posts, read 7,505,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haulinmover View Post
I know that everyone here says..."Wait, once you get your approval, then it's like gold."

But, I'm a business person. It is not easy to build things up, and then sell them. I know that I can walk in and hired 15 ppl now. But, I don't have the 2trillion they want to buy a visa. The longer I sit and wait, the less I have to spend for things like this. I may just get to the point, where I start work in USA again, and if offered, say forget it!

What is weird, is that we are last family out. We lived in America for 15 years. I'm wondering, is the immigration being racist? Oh, here is a better one...we are originally Lebanese. Fact is, christian. Hate Hezbollah and more. I just don't get why we are not offered an interview or anything. Why we have to pay, pay, pay and wait.

When I go onto Youtube, I just see the hatred against Americans. What did we do to you Aussies? I can understand Lebanese (and there are 2 different groups - I'm the one who left lebanon to never look back!)....but, this is just mind-boggeling.

I pay my taxes, do my duties. Raise kids American and more. I can even go and teach professionally with my degrees in a school. I speak english like a native American and more.

I just don't get it. Am I to get in, on my last dime and struggle...or, what is the REAL hold up. Frankly, on my last papers I recieved...it was the same thing. They agree with everyone (10 points)...but deny us on 1 point. Who is nothing more than an elderly man. They call him 'unreasonable.' This seems to be a farce. It blows my mind. Therefore, they must not want Americans to come in. And, I'm seriously wondering that.
Its easy on conveniant to play the race card, however every one goes throught the same process, its frustrating, expensive, slow and the staff at the department of immigration are of no assisstance what so ever. I know this from my own experience.

I dont know much about the business visas, but my own wife and many of my friends have immigrated on partner/marriage visas.

Even when doing something really basic like applying for PR based on your marriage to an Australian Citizen. You have to sit around in Australia for 12 months or so, with no right to work, no access to medicare or any other benefits, while paying thousands of dollars for the right to do so, and with no knowledge of weather the applciation is going to be successfull or not.

My wife and i were also considering getting her mother into Australia, even though her mother qualifies, one look at the costs and waiting time to obtain such a visa, and we knew it was never going to happen.

Last edited by danielsa1775; 05-08-2011 at 09:06 PM..

Old 05-08-2011, 08:49 PM

Default Here is a point...

Again, on my last papers I recieved: 90% they agreed with our arguments for me to become a permanent citizen. 10% they decline that on.

Have I made my case clear. It doesn't make sense.

Let's say a convicted criminal who robbed and killed a man is up for court. They have 90%, including video cam he did it. But, they put in line, "Beyond reasonable doubt." The 10%.

So, a group of 12 men, who have no real sight...can not identify this murderer. WHICH were selected in COURT just for THAT!

10% wins.

I believe, that while 90% is in my favor...10% is you are American and Lebanese. We don't look to interview you, nor what is your religion. *********.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:51 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,730,673 times
No, I doubt it's racism. More like a bloated, slow-moving bureaucracy trying to work under self-induced crushing red-tape and BS. I have good friends, Canadian, as white-bread as you can get, who were here on working visas for 4.5 years, trying to get PR. They gave up and went home, said they had enough of dealing with government imbeciles who couldn't make a decision. They were high-paid professionals who built their own home on the coast, mortgage free, no kids, no health issues, .... and no PR visa. Not rejected, just put through so many hoops and mazes it seemed like they were being actively discouraged to pursue PR.

From looking around the office where I work, I seriously doubt it's racism. It's like the UN at my current job. Co-workers from Kenya, Uganda, Pakistan, India, Burma, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Egypt, Sri Lanka, Canada, US, ... just off the top of my head. Many have their own stories of dealing with government bureaucracy getting their PRs. It seems like it's gotten a lot worse in the past 7 or 8 years. A lot worse.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
No, I doubt it's racism. More like a bloated, slow-moving bureaucracy trying to work under self-induced crushing red-tape and BS. I have good friends, Canadian, as white-bread as you can get, who were here on working visas for 4.5 years, trying to get PR. They gave up and went home, said they had enough of dealing with government imbeciles who couldn't make a decision. They were high-paid professionals who built their own home on the coast, mortgage free, no kids, no health issues, .... and no PR visa. Not rejected, just put through so many hoops and mazes it seemed like they were being actively discouraged to pursue PR.

From looking around the office where I work, I seriously doubt it's racism. It's like the UN at my current job. Co-workers from Kenya, Uganda, Pakistan, India, Burma, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Egypt, Sri Lanka, Canada, US, ... just off the top of my head. Many have their own stories of dealing with government bureaucracy getting their PRs. It seems like it's gotten a lot worse in the past 7 or 8 years. A lot worse.
It is so weird you responded, because just tonight we were talking about names, and YOUR NAME CAME UP! In a weird way, we liked the name Vichenel. Now, the odds of that, and when I collected from the USA lottery today, I won my first 2.00. Strange day.

Anyhoo, I do think it is racial. Why would they choose an 87 year old man over his family? I will be glad to send you the papers. it is 10% of an argument. AND, that is my point exactly..you have ppl from kenya, uganda, and more. Why we rejected?

I think it is racial bound. They don't want us there. Oh, here is another clue.....when my husband was in Beruit, that was the time of the americans being bombed, and his visa was in Damascus. He left to cyrpus, to france, to USA. He refused to go to Damascus for his visa to OZ, because he would have been killed at border.

When he arrived in USA...he tried to go to OZ. They said no. America said , "Yes." But his whole family in OZ. GET THE POINTI think

I think...it is a black mark, and more. I truely think.....it is racism.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:39 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
Quote:
I am sorry, but for an ENGLISH SPEAKING PERSON to NOT UNDERSTAND MY POST(s)...then what are you? A Physics scientist? I ask it that way, because most mechanics and guys on ground get what I posted, and you can't? You seem stupid on 'common sense,' and I'm sure you had the best education there is. So, this is ANOTHER REASON! Another STUPID person! Damn, I wish I was there to teach. Can a person help this man, learn to communicate? He needs it!

If you read above, my argument is not about my family, age, or more (we meet guidlines for Oz immigration). It is about what we can do for OZ. Then it flows to, that I was denied on 10% of an argument. Now, is that fair? And, I'm givin' a real legit answer. For OZ immigration to accept 90%, but deny us on 1 senior citizen- who is 86 years old. That is my argument.
ding ding ding there it is

now, no need on the yelling and cursing. Your post was written in a difficult manner.

Anyway, regarding the 86 year old that is the problem... this is a common problem as the 86 year old won't be working. Will you be able to care for him? Do you have enough savings to demonstrate that?

If you think its racism, then thats your choice. Personally I know many Lebanese who have migrated here. Migration to Australia is getting harder and harder.

I guess your only option is to try again, or forget it.

I have a number of friends who work in immigration, yes when they deny they feel bad about it. However, the rules are there.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:49 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
When he arrived in USA...he tried to go to OZ. They said no. America said , "Yes." But his whole family in OZ. GET THE POINTI think

I think...it is a black mark, and more. I truely think.....it is racism.
I truly think you should try to make a fresh start where your race will not be such an incumbrance: Lebanon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand