U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 07:33 PM

14,780 posts, read 15,812,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
If I wanted Botany Bay, I don't need to get on a plane for an hour for it.

I don't surf, but growing up in the Eastern Suburbs I certainly spent my fair share of time at the beach. Having said that, Camp Cove or Nielsen Park are probably still two of my favourites. I did grow up about 10 minutes walk from both so I'm probably a bit biased!
haha
show off.
That Nielson park looks pretty good. Might have to check that out.

I've warmed to Sydney, but I'm still a Melbourne girl
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 07:54 PM

3,306 posts, read 3,850,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
haha
show off.
That Nielson park looks pretty good. Might have to check that out.

I've warmed to Sydney, but I'm still a Melbourne girl

Don't get me wrong I love Melbourne, great bars and food. I do remember being down there 8 or 9 years ago for the tennis and the day we arrived it was 40 degrees and the next day it was 10. WTF!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I love Melbourne, great bars and food. I do remember being down there 8 or 9 years ago for the tennis and the day we arrived it was 40 degrees and the next day it was 10. WTF!
haha I like your backhanded compliment!

Oh yeah ~ the weather keeps it interesting

I still never leave the house in sydney without a jacket ... old habits die hard

Old 07-12-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
haha I like your backhanded compliment!

Oh yeah ~ the weather keeps it interesting

I still never leave the house in sydney without a jacket ... old habits die hard
Oh I know what you mean about the jacket thing. I have a couple of friends from Melbourne they are always taking a jacket with them.

I've always advocated dressing for where you are going, not how you're getting there. Hence today I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt (with a down vest). I do get some funny looks.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Oh I know what you mean about the jacket thing. I have a couple of friends from Melbourne they are always taking a jacket with them.

I've always advocated dressing for where you are going, not how you're getting there. Hence today I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt (with a down vest). I do get some funny looks.
you gotta account for the sudden cool change!

I cover all bases.

shorts?! in winter...where are you going? darwin?!

Old 07-12-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
you gotta account for the sudden cool change!

I cover all bases.

shorts?! in winter...where are you going? darwin?!
If you keep the torso warm then the body will look after the rest!

Old 07-12-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
If you keep the torso warm then the body will look after the rest!
You sure?! I am in Melbourne at the moment.

I did chuckle at lunch .. as I left with the umbrella up and by the time I was returning was & fumbling for my sunglasses...

Old 01-24-2016, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 404 times
I intent to visit Australia in the next two months. I am in my mid thirties in age and would love construction, cleaning, bar attendant and possibly fruit picking jobs. Which city should i choose as providing these job opportunities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand