U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 08:06 AM

37 posts, read 47,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving to Australia View Post
Hello, yes i just saw the thread below but it really didn't answer my questions what a how ironic...anyways I currently live in New York city i go to high school there and my dad just recently got a job in Sydney and i will be going to high school there. I have no idea what high school is like there, i have no idea how they are too foreigners. I am a Christian and i went to a Christian high school in NYC but i can tell you no one was a Christian, the students did drugs, did things at each other houses, did lots of alcohol and at school dances i felt like it was just a big orgy with everyone grinding listening to all the rap music, anyways i really hope high school isn't like that in Australia, i really felt disgusting every day after being there, also is there lots of diversity, i am a mixed student(Asian and latino) i hope there are a lot of ethnics in Sydney as there were at my high school which was Asian, latino, Arabic and Black. Also how are the school lunches there, the school lunches here are terrible they tried to start this organic lunch thing here and the prices like doubled, another thing is how are teachers and how would they treat me since I'm American?
Sorry to hear that, sorry for your dad and you. You both will miss New York city terriblyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 09:21 PM

4,454 posts, read 6,419,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving to Australia View Post
Hello, yes i just saw the thread below but it really didn't answer my questions what a how ironic...anyways I currently live in New York city i go to high school there and my dad just recently got a job in Sydney and i will be going to high school there. I have no idea what high school is like there, i have no idea how they are too foreigners. I am a Christian and i went to a Christian high school in NYC but i can tell you no one was a Christian, the students did drugs, did things at each other houses, did lots of alcohol and at school dances i felt like it was just a big orgy with everyone grinding listening to all the rap music, anyways i really hope high school isn't like that in Australia, i really felt disgusting every day after being there, also is there lots of diversity, i am a mixed student(Asian and latino) i hope there are a lot of ethnics in Sydney as there were at my high school which was Asian, latino, Arabic and Black. Also how are the school lunches there, the school lunches here are terrible they tried to start this organic lunch thing here and the prices like doubled, another thing is how are teachers and how would they treat me since I'm American?
Sydney is very diverse. At the suburb where I live has a huge Asian community and nearby is a huge Middle Eastern community. In addition racism is not a big problem in Australia. Anyway I not sure about the schools with regards to Christian schools here but you would not have any trouble finding a youth run church program at a church here in Sydney.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand