U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 11:04 AM

12 posts, read 66,147 times

Advertisements

I'm a 25 year old looking to move from California.
The reasons in which I'm moving from California are complicated. I love it here, but at the same time, feel like I need to try something new before it's too late. Me and my current roommate will be going on this move together. Could turn to be permanent, maybe not...you never know.
I've heard NUMEROUS amazing things about New Zealand...

Few questions..feel free to answer whatever you'd like.

Do you recommend a move there for two men in their mid-twenties? We are very goal/work orientated and success motivates us, BUT at the same time, love the nightlife, love beautiful women , and need there to be things for us to do during the weekends and days. (we go to the beach, hike, etc)
When it comes to moving there, how easy is it to do? ie getting sponsored for employment and so forth.
How are prices when it comes to day by day living, rent, etc...I doubt it can be any worst than Southern California.
Oppurtunity for employment and oppurtunity to make/save money...
ANY info would help. I know this is very broad. Thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 11:41 AM

31 posts, read 99,086 times
Hi
You might find NZL very quite compared to California. Once out of Auckland population is quite sparse.
Maybe take a work visa for a year and see how it goes. Beaches,surfing hiking trails,skiing,mountains your never far away from.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:58 AM

1,149 posts, read 5,465,809 times
I think you should consider Australia.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:13 PM

14 posts, read 38,038 times
Nz is all about outdoors and if you are into beaches and hiking then it will suit you. New Zealand is the best place in the world to grow up in and retire in. When you are 25 as i am approaching all you want is to leave. If you want great nightlife, beautiful woman and good work then even though I am from New Zealand I would recommend Australia as above. Probably Sydney or Melbourne.
As for NZ woman I can tell you from experience that this is not the best place in the world for girls. Not even close. I guess having an American accent will help you but not very much. I could write you an essay on NZ girls but will restrain myself.
Australian girls are similar except they are hotter and have a better accent.
Basically mate if you are 25 and living in NZ all you are thinking about is travelling and seeing the world unless you are in a serious relationship or you don't have much ambition.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:51 PM

42,439 posts, read 56,271,817 times
Isn't Aukland NZ the Gay Capitol of the World??

Old 04-15-2008, 08:16 PM

14 posts, read 38,038 times
Ha ha! Gay capitol? Next you'll be telling us that there is more to Arizona than the Grand Canyon!

Old 04-16-2008, 01:48 AM

202 posts, read 1,035,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
I think that was amsterdam, something like 60 percent

Old 04-16-2008, 08:01 PM

When my wife and I were touring NZ a few years ago, while we were in Aukland there was a 2 day parade and a huge celebration going on. With all the commotion we asked the hotel manager where we stayed what was going on, and he stated "this was the Gay Capitol of the world and this is their annual celebration". Strange huh.
They also claim to be the headquarters for the GreenPeace Organization.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:16 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,160,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post

I can assure you that Auckland definantly isn't the Gay Capitol of the world.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I can assure you that Auckland definantly isn't the Gay Capitol of the world.
You're right, it's the Gay Capital of the down under...
GayNZ.com Who will govern NZ's gay capital?

Amsterdam is the gay capital of Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand