Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Canada and Australia/NZ should have open borders with each other?
Yes 8 40.00%
No 8 40.00%
Maybe 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 05:30 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleneter View Post
Just remember I came over here to increase the IQ of both nations

hmm that might be a self putdown also, ahhh but its worth it!

LOL..... yeah.

...kidding.

But you should let go of your anger for the country in which you're living in.

Last edited by artemis agrotera; 03-02-2014 at 05:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 10:02 PM

598 posts, read 955,810 times
Quote:
You mean Aus become a province of NZ :P

We have strategically placed 650,000 agents around your country, deep sleepers waiting for the activation phrase.

Hmm now how would we get past Tony Abbott's security
More like deep sheepers amirite?

Old 03-02-2014, 10:06 PM

598 posts, read 955,810 times
Quote:
At this point I would think Canadians are better off where they are in a more tolerant country over Australia

Kiwis are a great example of how far Australia has to go, once welcomed in a bilateral agreement as family and in reverse despite the odd sheep joke. Due to a several year Aus media blitz around 2000 that all changed and all of a sudden became doll bludgers despite a significantly higher employment participation rate than Aus born at the time and since.

Would not like to see that message ever be sent to Canadians I would not wish that upon them, could happen to anyone with such a free access agreement.
You will become welcome when you get an AFL team, kiwis used to play Aussie Rules before they became anti-Australian.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:45 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
We don't? I don't know what you call a bunch of lumberjacks, trappers and traders, mapping and hacking their way thru 3,854,085 sq miles of bear, wolf, moose, and mountain lion infested nordic countryside in canoes with no hope of help from the "motherland" then. lol

I also think that when the Queen dies, we'll both at least wait until then and not before, Canada and Australia will both take the oppertunity to let go of the monarchy.
Crazy Frenchies

I'll admit, I had a memory lapse when I made that post.

Is it a real possibility both countries might move for Republic status after the Queen dies? I don't know about Australia, but I doubt for Canada. You guys seem to love your monarch much more than the Aussies do, just look at both of your oaths of citizenship

Old 03-03-2014, 04:30 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
I've seen both of your posts in this forum and in the Canada forum. I get that you hate cold and snow. What I don't get is that you get off your butt and move to Australia through the regular immigration channels instead of hoping for some weird open border that is never going to happen. Based on your posts in the weather forum it seems as if you are pining to live in a warm Australian climate as you go on and on about how "lucky" Australia is in terms of climate.

It really shows just how pathetic Canada is when it comes to climate diversity. A warm lover has no where to go in Canada. Despite all my issues with the US subtropical climates (due to the existence of the landmass called Canada) it is still so much easier for me to move to a warmer climate than you unlucky Canadians. I'd take a place like Beaufort SC any day over Toronto or Vancouver.
Britons and Irish have it worse when it comes to climate diversity don't they?

Old 03-03-2014, 06:05 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
Britons and Irish have it worse when it comes to climate diversity don't they?
They do. At least Canadians get hot summers, unlike the Brits and the Irish (though I don't get the appeal of summer days above 80°F, to each their own)

Old 03-04-2014, 11:11 PM

13 posts, read 17,854 times
As an American, I'd love to be able to move to Australia, too! Heck, I'd take Canada, too! Thanks awesome US economy! Can't I apply as a refuge, since the politics of my country are getting worse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand