Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should gay Australians have the rights to marry?
Yes 60 64.52%
No 29 31.18%
I don't care either way/I don't know/other 4 4.30%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 06:06 AM

8,863 posts, read 8,434,218 times

Advertisements

I feel like it is the child's future that happens the most,like I said they probably won't even meet their biological kid for the rest of their lives
And isn't "just would prefer it had both a mother and a father" along is prejudice to gay couples?Like,Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 07:05 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,105,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I think we as a society are obsessed with rights. The right of a woman to not be inconvenienced takes precedence over human life.etc.
Yeah that's nuts
Imagine wanting control over your own body.
And even more crazee, imagine wanting the same right to marry as a heterosexual couple.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:29 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,532,636 times
All the gay couples I've ever seen seem to be way better people or parents than straights. Makes sense; I guess you would have to be really prepared and committed to put up with the crap that has come up in this thread.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
All the gay couples I've ever seen seem to be way better people or parents than straights. Makes sense; I guess you would have to be really prepared and committed to put up with the crap that has come up in this thread.
Exactly.
Gay people are raised by heterosexual couples,so what went "wrong"?

Old 05-20-2014, 07:43 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMLZO-sObzQ

I think the video is pretty famous and it clarifies everything.He is eloquent,well-composed,and standing firmly on his own.
Bad influence on children because being raised by gay couple?This kid is as great as any parent would want their child to be.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:49 AM

165 posts, read 189,506 times
I think it is the rights that are supposed to protect us. It is the courts and gov'ts that now go against those rights, and that is how people are no longer protected. Not sure about your country, but in ours it goes directly against what they swore to uphold. I believe that's what they call treason. Free speech has been done away with by the hate speech law. Notice that the most hateful speech out there is against christians, though christians will NEVER be protected by that law; only persecuted by it. But shocker, gays are protected by it. Freedom of religion: that's gone now. I see where gay couples are suing churches everywhere! In the UK a couple is suing to be married in I believe a baptist church. Not good enough to be allowed to marry like everyone else. They want to FORCE that preacher to marry them in the church! One of the guys said it was a shame that they had to take a christian to court to GET them to ACCEPT them..... Niceplay on words. FORCE is more accurate. He wants the court to FORCE the preacher to marry them, and in the church. Since when did everyone have to agree with everyone elses lifestyle? I always believed people are different and you should let everyone live by their own set of morals and standards. Respect each others rights and differences, and defend those rights and differences. Unfortunately, some people only believe in defending what they want and how they believe, and trample everyone else down. Most of the christians I know didn't care if they got married. The ones that did oppose it, only opposed it because they all KNEW it would come down to this. They told me that over and over. That gays would not stop until they forced themselves into the churches and changed christianity by force. And those who would not give up their faith would be persecuted. I was wrong and they were right. You see it's not the rights that hurt people, it's when you try to take away the rights of certain people that take away true freedom for everyone. I supported the gays rights, they in turn are destroying mine. From this point on it's just basically a joke. When the court ruled to force christians to take part in the gay marraiges or be punished; we knew then that any other court hearings are just a farce. A big play to act like the courts are being just somehow. Real christianity has been outlawed plain and simple. So I guess for christians our fate is sealed. The question left is what rights will everyone else allow them to take away before enough is enough? Teaching that gay is normal and acceptable to your elementary children in school? Doing that already. Sexually explicit material to elemental children? Happening in schools all over now. In fact a guy in our community just got arrested for complaining that his daughter was to young for that. They said he spoke over the two minute mark and handcuffed him. They had the police there ready and waiting for it. They're looking into it now to see if they went too far. It's happening all over. For those of you who voted that you don't care, you might want to re-think your position. Not that you can do anything about it, but at least your eyes might be opened like mine finally were about whatis really going on in countries all over. That's not a coincidence. If any of you do turn to christianity once you figure out what is going on, find old used bibles to read. They are printing bibles now leaving stuff out of them on purpose. Lawsuits have been filed, but that's a waste of time. I would suggest home schooling if you have kids, though the US just let in a family from Germany of all places that those rights had already been stripped from them there. Must indoctrinate the kiddies. Isn't that what Hitler did too? It's getting ready to get really ugly. When they goafter the muslims, I don't predict it will end well for anyone. Then Putin next maybe? Deceiving and beingdeceived; that sums up the gay rights movement. Signed, A victim of it

Old 05-20-2014, 07:50 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,532,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SthrnCarolinaGrl View Post
I think it is the rights that are supposed to protect us. It is the courts and gov'ts that now go against those rights, and that is how people are no longer protected. Not sure about your country, but in ours it goes directly against what they swore to uphold. I believe that's what they call treason. Free speech has been done away with by the hate speech law. Notice that the most hateful speech out there is against christians, though christians will NEVER be protected by that law; only persecuted by it. But shocker, gays are protected by it. Freedom of religion: that's gone now. I see where gay couples are suing churches everywhere! In the UK a couple is suing to be married in I believe a baptist church. Not good enough to be allowed to marry like everyone else. They want to FORCE that preacher to marry them in the church! One of the guys said it was a shame that they had to take a christian to court to GET them to ACCEPT them..... Niceplay on words. FORCE is more accurate. He wants the court to FORCE the preacher to marry them, and in the church. Since when did everyone have to agree with everyone elses lifestyle? I always believed people are different and you should let everyone live by their own set of morals and standards. Respect each others rights and differences, and defend those rights and differences. Unfortunately, some people only believe in defending what they want and how they believe, and trample everyone else down. Most of the christians I know didn't care if they got married. The ones that did oppose it, only opposed it because they all KNEW it would come down to this. They told me that over and over. That gays would not stop until they forced themselves into the churches and changed christianity by force. And those who would not give up their faith would be persecuted. I was wrong and they were right. You see it's not the rights that hurt people, it's when you try to take away the rights of certain people that take away true freedom for everyone. I supported the gays rights, they in turn are destroying mine. From this point on it's just basically a joke. When the court ruled to force christians to take part in the gay marraiges or be punished; we knew then that any other court hearings are just a farce. A big play to act like the courts are being just somehow. Real christianity has been outlawed plain and simple. So I guess for christians our fate is sealed. The question left is what rights will everyone else allow them to take away before enough is enough? Teaching that gay is normal and acceptable to your elementary children in school? Doing that already. Sexually explicit material to elemental children? Happening in schools all over now. In fact a guy in our community just got arrested for complaining that his daughter was to young for that. They said he spoke over the two minute mark and handcuffed him. They had the police there ready and waiting for it. They're looking into it now to see if they went too far. It's happening all over. For those of you who voted that you don't care, you might want to re-think your position. Not that you can do anything about it, but at least your eyes might be opened like mine finally were about whatis really going on in countries all over. That's not a coincidence. If any of you do turn to christianity once you figure out what is going on, find old used bibles to read. They are printing bibles now leaving stuff out of them on purpose. Lawsuits have been filed, but that's a waste of time. I would suggest home schooling if you have kids, though the US just let in a family from Germany of all places that those rights had already been stripped from them there. Must indoctrinate the kiddies. Isn't that what Hitler did too? It's getting ready to get really ugly. When they goafter the muslims, I don't predict it will end well for anyone. Then Putin next maybe? Deceiving and beingdeceived; that sums up the gay rights movement. Signed, A victim of it
Please indent.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SthrnCarolinaGrl View Post
^Same here,please intent because it's just painful to read.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:03 AM

165 posts, read 189,506 times
Sry, device wouldn't allow it.

Old 05-20-2014, 03:18 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,105,782 times
Hahha.

That was epic.
The absolute best parts were that the US let a family "in from Germany of all places", invoking Godwin and "signed, a victim of it".

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand