Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should gay Australians have the rights to marry?
Yes 60 64.52%
No 29 31.18%
I don't care either way/I don't know/other 4 4.30%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 02:05 PM

243 posts, read 509,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Not sure why this always comes back to kids. Heaven forbid they grow up in a more tolerant lifestyle. Seriously, It's your job to explain normal things like same-sex relationships, not gay couples' burden to suppress their feelings so your lame, half-the-time unplanned child doesn't have to face the facts of life.

lol, you reminded me of Louis CK- he said

It doesn’t have any effect on your life. What do you care?! People try to talk about it like it’s a social issue. Like when you see someone stand up on a talk show and say, “How am I supposed to explain to my children that two men are getting married?… I dunno. It’s your ****ty kid. You ****in’ tell ‘em. Why is that anyone else’s problem? Two guys are in love and they can’t get married because you don’t want to talk to your ugly child for five ****in’ minutes?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 06:58 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,547,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
A gay friend of mine admitted to me he is against gay marriage as well.
Sounds like Stockholm Syndrome.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:16 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy68 View Post
No soup for you!!

I voted yes and was pleased the see the poll result reflects what most Aussies want- marriage equality.
Omg love that soup nazi episode.
No mulligatawny soup for you!

Old 03-03-2014, 08:30 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,608,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I do support other aspects of black rights and against racism. Interracial couples in this country already have enough rights as it is. Yet marriage for me is between two people of the same race. There are implications when interracial marriage will be legalised. In addition our society is changing and now teachers are teaching marriage to very young children. If the teachers refuse they in the future can get the sack due to that. Parents that don't wish their children to learn about marriage in school at such a young age will have their requests refused by the school. It was very different from when I was very young.

In time churches that refuse to perform interracial marriages may be forced to marry interracial couples in this country. It has already happened in parts of Europe.
Still think that doesn't sound homophobic?

Your gay friend doesn't want to be pestered by people asking when he'll make an honest man of his boyfriend, that's why he's against it.

When I was young the government was abducting children from their parents, men were permitted to beat their wives and priests were quickly shifted to a new parish if the altar boys complained. Different is good, we need some difference from that.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:06 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Omg love that soup nazi episode.
No mulligatawny soup for you!
Haha. Classic episode.
jambalaya

GIFSoup

Old 03-04-2014, 12:19 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
It's always good to be on the right side of history..100 yrs from now they'll wonder what the hell the problem with gay marriage was.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:05 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saxon Lion View Post
Wont happen.
Give it another 100 or 200 years. Then we'll see if it genuinely won't happen, as you claim.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:38 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Haha. Classic episode.
jambalaya

GIFSoup
Here is the Seinfeld hangout diner. I also went to Columbia for Uni, its a few blocks south on 111/broadway.
Should Australia legalise gay marriage?-image.jpg

Old 03-05-2014, 01:21 AM

13 posts, read 17,859 times
1000% for marriage equality. Its time to end fear, stigmas and enjoy the short lives we have.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:44 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
It's always good to be on the right side of history..100 yrs from now they'll wonder what the hell the problem with gay marriage was.
No one can predict what will happen in 100 years time, besides you won't be around. Besides 100 years ago on March 1914, no one would predict that would happen in the next hundred years time and there were people then were saying the world is getting more progressed and in the right side of history. But looking back not all the changes in the last 100 years have been positive or the right side of history. Yet I changing the topic here.

Back to the OP, as one of the posters has stated I don't have a big issue with gay marriage on paper but the implications due to that. I don't really care if any of you call me homophobic. At least in this country there is still free speech and able to voice your opinion if you support or are against gay marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand