Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 07:01 PM

4,227 posts, read 4,891,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
There's what? I haven't been following the news this week.... who suggested this?!
It was a question, not a statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 07:05 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Cheers Samuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
It was a question, not a statement.
lol. I know I didn't know who proposed it in the first place. Suspected Turnbull.

I don't illegally download, so eh. But I can see why some people do, besides Foxtel movies package is quite average

Last edited by artemis agrotera; 08-03-2014 at 07:32 PM..

Old 08-03-2014, 07:31 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,230,908 times
I have Netflix, which is sort of a grey area but I do pay for the content. I do know people who download pirated software and books for Uni but I've not tried it.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
I don't illegally download, so eh. But I can see why some people do, besides Foxtel movies package is quite average
Foxtel movies are rubbish, although I'm not quite sure how that is justification to illegally download content. Would you have walked into a video store 15 years ago put a video under you jumper and said "Don't worry, it's OK, Kerry Packer has put Guns of Navarone on again".

Old 08-03-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Foxtel movies are rubbish, although I'm not quite sure how that is justification to illegally download content. Would you have walked into a video store 15 years ago put a video under you jumper and said "Don't worry, it's OK, Kerry Packer has put Guns of Navarone on again".
LOL. The Sunday night movies were waaaaay better back then.
I agree, I can just see why people might think its okay (ie the cost vs what they get)...

Old 08-03-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
LOL. The Sunday night movies were waaaaay better back then.
Yeah they were. The Sunday night movie was an institution. Growing up it was always Sixty Minutes and then whatever the Sunday night movie was. I do miss the old days when Packer used to tell the progammers at Channel Nine what the late night movie would be (he had terrible insomnia), it was always something good like Dirty Harry or The Magnificent Seven.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel,J View Post
I have Netflix, which is sort of a grey area but I do pay for the content. I do know people who download pirated software and books for Uni but I've not tried it.
I haven't used Netflix. I use Apple TV. I think we are the 'worst' illegal downloaders.....

Quote:
Yeah they were. The Sunday night movie was an institution. Growing up it was always Sixty Minutes and then whatever the Sunday night movie was. I do miss the old days when Packer used to tell the progammers at Channel Nine what the late night movie would be (he had terrible insomnia), it was always something good like Dirty Harry or The Magnificent Seven.
LOL. Thats right. Well, I guess if you own the station..... Remember when he saw what Doug Mulray was presenting, and pulled that show off air mid-broadcast.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:40 PM

Default Australia ranked world's best place to live

Quote:

Australia is the world’s most desirable place to live, according to a survey of nearly 28,000 people living in 11 countries.

Just over a third of respondents surveyed by Boston Consulting Group – 34 per cent – picked Australia as the country they’d most like to live in besides their own, with Canada, the US and Switzerland in second, third and fourth place.

Economic opportunity, education and standard of living were key reasons behind the choices made by participants from the US, Canada, Germany, the UK, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Australia, Brazil and India.

The BCG survey isn’t the only one to rank Australian living standards highly: the country has topped the OECD’s Better Life index for the past three years, thanks to high levels of income, employment, education and sense of community.
Australia ranked world’s best place to live

Old 12-29-2014, 11:02 PM

Good old auntie Beeb picked up this survey too BBC News - Australia country profile.

"Australia ranks as one of the best places to live in the world by all indices of income, human development, healthcare and civil rights"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand