Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2014, 03:06 PM

850 posts, read 1,027,979 times

Advertisements

I would expect most AU CDers are rather embarrassed that this show was conceived much less brought to air. Basically, the show seeks to find the "finest" examples of Bogans aka low lifes aka white trash. I even feel the need to offer my personal rationalization - I don't watch US "reality" TV so my immune system can (gladly) withstand a weekly dose of BH. (do AU folk watch US reality TV with this mindset?)

Sorry to say the quarantine has not held and BH is viewable worldwide via the internet. (torrent download)
While the topic is low brow, the execution / parody level is quite good. I particularly enjoy when they do the nature show mockumentary bits. And Shazza's accent is IMHO perfectly over the top.

Bogan Hunters Australia on 7mate

(Hey, AU is above per capita average in world class unis so BH balances thing out. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 03:27 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,231,996 times
Very funny, liked that it included a Kev too.

(I'm a p/t student at UQ, it is definitely world class)

Old 06-13-2014, 03:52 PM

5,061 posts, read 7,514,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayway View Post
I would expect most AU CDers are rather embarrassed that this show was conceived much less brought to air. Basically, the show seeks to find the "finest" examples of Bogans aka low lifes aka white trash. I even feel the need to offer my personal rationalization - I don't watch US "reality" TV so my immune system can (gladly) withstand a weekly dose of BH. (do AU folk watch US reality TV with this mindset?)

Sorry to say the quarantine has not held and BH is viewable worldwide via the internet. (torrent download)
While the topic is low brow, the execution / parody level is quite good. I particularly enjoy when they do the nature show mockumentary bits. And Shazza's accent is IMHO perfectly over the top.

Bogan Hunters Australia on 7mate

(Hey, AU is above per capita average in world class unis so BH balances thing out. )
I have seen a couple of episodes of bogan hunters and really like it. To the OP you should also try Housos from the same production team.

Housos - Official Website

Old 06-13-2014, 04:09 PM

850 posts, read 1,027,979 times
Thanks! Housos came up when I was searching on Bogan Hunters - Paul Fenech has been having fun. It looks like I will eventually be watching all of his work including the (non-comedic) "More than Legends".

Whoa! Looky looky, there's a Bogan High School! Not it AU but in Chicago, States.
//www.city-data.com/forum/chica...-cta-taxi.html

I imagine some young Australians on gap year have already discovered this and have posed for pictures with signage in the background? ( A Bogan Park as well)

http://www.boganhs.org/

Alas, it seems Bogan High, while a public school, is for rather accomplished technical students.

(I know there are several places named Bogan xyz in AU)

Old 06-13-2014, 06:16 PM

1,880 posts, read 2,314,035 times
Looks like it would be a fun watch - I've set my Tbox to record it on Tuesday.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:24 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,832,237 times
Yeah there have already been tons of shows poking fun at bogans, yobs, rednecks, ferals.etc, so it's nothing new. I think we do a pretty good job at taking the **** out of various groups, despite the fact we're getting more PC.

Old 06-15-2014, 03:03 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,231,996 times
The latest is Jonah from Tonga (probably daren't call it Hori from Whanganui) I haven't watched it yet because I can't stand racial stereotyping.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:10 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,832,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel,J View Post
The latest is Jonah from Tonga (probably daren't call it Hori from Whanganui) I haven't watched it yet because I can't stand racial stereotyping.
I think Chris Lilley went too far creating spinoffs first for Ja'mie King, the privileged private school girl, and now Jonah, who was even less likeable and entertaining than Ja'mie. They had their moments, but I think after 'We Can Be Heroes' it sort of dropped off...Summer Heights High was okay, Angry Boys a drop and I haven't even seen these two spin-offs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand