Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2014, 08:18 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,946,879 times

Advertisements

Sorry but I don't understand Australia.

We see another example of how the horrific poverty in Australia is feeding the worse types of crime. Decade after decade politicians largely ignore the most vulnerable of Australian citizens because it apparently seems to hard and expensive, or is it a case of no $$ gain from trying?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226893926540

I give up someone try and explain this to me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 02:15 AM

5,058 posts, read 7,494,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleneter View Post
Sorry but I don't understand Australia.
a
We see another example of how the horrific poverty in Australia is feeding the worse types of crime. Decade after decade politicians largely ignore the most vulnerable of Australian citizens because it apparently seems to hard and expensive, or is it a case of no $$ gain from trying?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226893926540

I give up someone try and explain this to me?
Maybe its time to hand these kids over to the aboriginal elders and let them punish them the traditional way, rather than giving them a slap on the wrist they get under our law.

Old 06-26-2014, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Maybe its time to hand these kids over to the aboriginal elders and let them punish them the traditional way, rather than giving them a slap on the wrist they get under our law.
Well yea maybe , I think more self governing has been tried?, to what extent I am not sure.

Its just a little sad considering Aborigines make up such a "small" percentage of the population, one would think significant progress could be made. Many of these Australians are living in hellish conditions and its not the childrens fault they were born into it, could have been any of us.

Each successive Aussie government just seems to form a committee while spending money on everything else, at least that's my perception.

Old 06-26-2014, 06:37 PM

Actually looking into similar offences, apparently raping a 3 year old child does not make you a violent sexual offender here in Queensland, as long as you are drunk its just a "Unique circumstance".

Court rejects rapist as a 'dangerous sexual offender'

Old 07-13-2014, 11:20 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,230,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
How does that system work and is it a properly recognised legal sanction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand