Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 02:32 AM

1,337 posts, read 1,947,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel,J View Post
Both of you are making moot points. The statistics you are quoting are based on NZ's own crime figures which have been "fudged" since 2009.
hehe, that's a huge statement, if you could provide actual confirmed evidence to substantiate your claim we are listening , you know not a blog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 04:47 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,230,619 times
The first post of this thread has the information you're looking for.

I'm wondering why 2009 in particular was such a turning point for the accurate recording of crime reports. What was so special about that year

I know National took control of parliament at the end of 2008 could that have something to do with it?

Last edited by Samuel,J; 07-23-2014 at 04:57 AM..

Old 07-23-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
The first post of this thread has the information you're looking for.

Is there a comprehension issue going on here ?

A police investigation, revealed in the Herald on Sunday, into southern Counties Manukau police found about 500 burglaries had been wrongly reclassified as other offences or incidents between 2009 and 2012.

One police department only, indicating problem with one data set , not some kind of proven nationwide conspiracy.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:00 PM

Read the second half of the first post of this thread.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Read the second half of the first post of this thread.
Yea I have, don't see any proof, just random speculation, oh and BTW the misclassification may not be in the police or current government favour, what have they been misclassified as home invasions?

We are just "assuming" its misclassified as lessor crimes! and therefore some kind of deliberate act over a accident form say a poorly trained back office worker.

Old 07-23-2014, 08:19 PM

1. Five officers were disciplined for wrongly coding burglaries as lesser "incidents" for three years.

2. Home invasions aren't considered to be lesser incidents.

2. No cases of lesser incidents being mis-coded as burglaries were found, which would be expected if these were genuine mistakes. The mistakes should go both ways: favourable and detrimental.

3. If it isn't systematic why are police refusing to release the results of their nationwide audit?

Old 07-23-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
1. Five officers were disciplined for wrongly coding burglaries as lesser "incidents" for three years.

ALL the incidents?

2. Home invasions aren't considered to be lesser incidents.

Exactly my point

3. If it isn't systematic why are police refusing to release the results of their nationwide audit?

Have you ever been the focus of a media attack?, nearly all lawyers will tell you never speak to the media and its irrespective of guilt.

You are still referring to incidents around one police department and it was dealt with in a appropriate manner. Still no evidence suggesting this is anything other than a isolated event.

Old 07-23-2014, 08:47 PM

Ok that is exactly my point. The evidence of it being anything other than an isolated event will not be released. This is a publicly accountable body therefore this information should be in the public domain.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Ok that is exactly my point. The evidence of it being anything other than an isolated event will not be released. This is a publicly accountable body therefore this information should be in the public domain.
The police in New Zealand are not accountable to the public or the media for good reason. Can you imagine a police force being swayed by public opinion or perceptions presented in the media lol?

IPCA - Independent Police Conduct Authority of New Zealand

And as far as I can tell they did their job as expected, once again you have NOT presented any evidence of widespread corruption.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:07 AM

I didn't mention corruption.

As to the rest of our discussion I think we're going to have to agree to disagree and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand