Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 07:55 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,947,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel,J View Post
Back to the topic. I think Labour will find themselves in a position where they will have to work with Internet Mana, Cunliffe has refused to rule out an alliance with the new party.

I'm interested to see what KDC has to say at the rally on 15th September and whether Glenn Greenwald (Pulitzer Prize-winning American reporter) will be refused entry to the country.

In the meantime I'll be following the internetMANA hashtag on Twitter. It looks like there's a lot of support for the party from young people and towns like Te Tai Tokerau. I really do get the feeling that we're seeing something new and exciting here

Te Tai Tokerau highlights

Are you of Maori decent?

At the end of the day these small parties and supporters need to show National have done a OVERALL bad job during a time when they are getting international recognition for doing a very good job including the IMF etc.

It would suck to be in opposition during this election, it appears its going to be another massacre and for good reason. I have voted both Labour and National in the past, but its clear this government should be rewarded with another term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 08:04 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,230,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleneter View Post
Are you of Maori decent?
Pardon me?

Old 07-23-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Pardon me?
I was just wondering its certainly not a insult

Old 07-23-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Yes I have a lot of respect for Joe Hockey, not so much for Bill English and I feel sorry for hardworking NZ mortgage payers
Australia has done the following to curb the housing bubble.

Nothing

New Zealand has done the following to curb the housing bubble.

Reserve Bank Imposed loan to value ratio's

Increased Interest rates

**And the NZ media receives a LOT of advertising dollars from the real estate industry BTW and tend to flame these moves inside of NZ despite the fact they will very clearly cool the housing market and likely lower prices in the median to long term. Future mortgage payers will be a LOT better off opposed to doing nothing.

New Zealand Economy to Grow 3.5%; IMF Warns of Housing and China Slowdown - International Business Times

In its latest report, the IMF said it agrees with the Reserve Bank of New Zealand to tighten monetary policy

Old 07-23-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Are you of Maori decent?
Quote:
I was just wondering its certainly not a insult
No offence taken. Did you mean decent, or descent?

Old 07-23-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
No offence taken. Did you mean decent, or descent?
of course that's a typo

Old 07-23-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Australia has done the following to curb the housing bubble.
Nothing
Australian banks have imposed limits on loan to value ratios and will impose mortgage insurance on loans over 80%. There are also state/territory first time buyers' grants and other assistance schemes to help people buy their first property. Last time I looked there was substantial support for people who wanted to build their first home, rather than buy established property.

Old 07-23-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Australian banks have imposed limits on loan to value ratios and will impose mortgage insurance on loans over 80%. There are also state/territory first time buyers' grants and other assistance schemes to help people buy their first property. Last time I looked there was substantial support for people who wanted to build their first home, rather than buy established property.
Ok I think you need to catch up a little first, much of what you just posted increases prices.

Kemp Strang - New Zealand LVR Restrictions - A Lesson for Australia

Old 07-24-2014, 01:09 AM

And on that point I think we're going to have to agree to disagree and move on.

Perhaps someone else is wanting to talk about how they're going to vote?

Old 07-24-2014, 02:07 AM

Quote:
And on that point I think we're going to have to agree to disagree and move on.
Well its easily to answer for most, National will win by a utter landslide, not sure if it will be enough to govern alone but I certainly hope so, they deserve it.

Its a horrible time for any NZ hater :P, its no wonder those NZ hate sites have closed down, not a leg to stand on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand