Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 02:47 AM

5,058 posts, read 7,499,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunication View Post
I don't know if you watched the whole show or not but Penny Wong who is of Chinese background herself I believe (and a lesbian!) was on the panel and was in good form, especially in contrast to Warren Truss, I think she is likely to be Australias first non white pm she would do a lot better than Abbot that's for sure.
I did not watch the show last night, however do feel that Senator Wong should move to the lower house, so at least we can get a feel what she might be like as potential PM.

As much as I love Australia, and like to think of it as a free thinking society I just can't see us voting in someone like Senator Wong as PM just yet.

Also of course we also have Senator Wang, what's he going to make of all this? Hopefully turn independent.

Last edited by danielsa1775; 08-20-2014 at 03:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 03:06 AM

598 posts, read 955,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
I did not watch the show last night, however do feel that Senator Wong should move to the lower house, so at least we can get a feel what she might be like as potential PM.

As much as I love Australia, and like to think of it as a free thinking society I just can't see us voting in someone like Senator Wong as PM just yet.
Well she needs to be elected leader of the Labour Party first, she has a ways to go but we'll see.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:53 AM

4,220 posts, read 4,888,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Well, he can claim that as a damage control strategy, but I do not think Chinese people will buy it.

It's like using the word "Australian bastards" and then claim it is only about Australian government/company, not the people. Not convincing at all.
It's pretty obvious to anyone not trying to find racism under every rock that he's referring to the Chinese government and Citic.

Quote:
CLIVE PALMER: Well, I’m in court next week. I’ve told you three times. But it's not up to you. That’s not your job. You're not a judicial officer. We'll be suing them and they’ll be answering the question. We've had three judgments in the Federal Court, in the Supreme Court of Western Australia and in arbitration against these Chinese mongrels. I'm saying that's because they're communists, because they shoot their own people, they haven’t got a justice system and they want to take over this country and we're not going to let them do it.
Quote:
CLIVE PALMER: Yes, and I’m telling you - I'll just tell you again it's not true. It's false and we'll be suing this week. It will be in the Supreme Court. You can report it on the ABC and this will be thrown out. But it won't stop the fact that the Chinese Government wants to bring workers here to destroy our wage system. It won't stop the fact they want to take over our ports and get our resources for free. So far they've shipped 200 million dollars worth of iron ore out this country without paying for it and I don't mind standing up against the Chinese bastards and stopping them from doing it and I'll be doing that, mate. Don’t worry about that.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:37 AM

411 posts, read 416,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
It's pretty obvious to anyone not trying to find racism under every rock that he's referring to the Chinese government and Citic.
I agree but it did highlight his lack of ability to keep his cool. I reckon he'd be a bastard to work for.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:14 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,311 times
Palmer is right when it comes to business properties of China. Chinese are at each others throats while they are working together. What Palmer mentioned ( as with the United States ) is the ownership of ports in terms of shipping. He is saying HIS NATION IS NOT FOR SALE to the highest bidder. Our ports are not for sale at all by anybody and belongs to the nation and it's people. For ever one person their is like 1000 Chinese people. So the resources ( people ) are endless.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:05 AM

1,337 posts, read 1,947,447 times
Clive Palmer the Coal mine owner who is giving climate change advice to the Aus government teaming up with Al Gore!, I mean am I the only person on earth that finds this hilarious?

Most things that come out of this guys mouth is a self serving joke, the sad thing is he probably genuinely believes he is one of "the good guys", most psychopaths fail to ever look in the mirror.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:44 AM

359 posts, read 658,311 times
Clive is chubby mongrel bastard.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:03 AM

1,337 posts, read 1,947,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manygeese View Post
Clive is chubby mongrel bastard.
don't hold back, tell us what you think

Old 08-24-2014, 05:10 AM

359 posts, read 658,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleneter View Post
don't hold back, tell us what you think
I think Clive is a human being fallen on the wrong side of the tracks. Not really a bad bloke but not some one intent on living a sensible life either.

It was a tongue in cheek post. I have no evidence that his father is unknown to him. When it is all said and done, we are all mongrels.

I do have evidence that he is chubby, though.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:06 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,230,619 times
I think the Chinese will take one look at what he's done at the Palmer resort in Coolum and disregard anything that Palmer does or says after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand