Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2014, 12:14 AM

1,337 posts, read 1,947,777 times

Advertisements

I am a Kiwi in Brissy and came across this Youtube channel a month or so ago. The reason I took notice is he is in the IT industry seemingly at a general lower level but similar to myself, also living in greater Brisbane.

At first I was like OMG this guy is a somewhat amusing "foul mouthed douche bag" , but quickly realised if you look past the "signature" bad language he is a middle aged Aussie battler putting it out there for all to see which one has to respect, more guts than the most of us!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGH04IOIeiU

Not suggesting this is typical and I will not be starting a Aus hate site any-time soon, certainly IT is stronger in Sydney and Melbourne however a friend tells me Melbourne is bad atm. I am just suggesting life is what you make of it, don't blame your failures on the country you live in :P

If anything he is kinda amusing :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 12:49 AM

598 posts, read 955,987 times
He sounds like a Kiwi though, what is with your constant hatred of the country you chose to live in?

Old 09-06-2014, 01:17 AM

598 posts, read 955,987 times
I was just pulling your leg you and Samuel J need to get a room, the sexual tension is palpable.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunication View Post
I was just pulling your leg you and Samuel J need to get a room, the sexual tension is palpable.
hehe, see your people and our people can get along!

Seriously I like this guy, been following every new vid, a few things I can relate to in relation to the IT industry especially, ****s and giggles.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:38 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,699,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleneter View Post

Not suggesting this is typical and I will not be starting a Aus hate site any-time soon, certainly IT is stronger in Sydney and Melbourne however a friend tells me Melbourne is bad atm. I am just suggesting life is what you make of it, don't blame your failures on the country you live in :P

If anything he is kinda amusing :P
The dude is blowing money when he has it, how ridiculous. He spent $15,000 on a bar?

When people in AU reference IT, do they mean techs and admins?

Anyway, I am looking to migrate to AU, but not without heavy research. We have indeed,monster, and dice here in the states, what do you guys use in AU for job search?

Old 09-13-2014, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
The dude is blowing money when he has it, how ridiculous. He spent $15,000 on a bar?

When people in AU reference IT, do they mean techs and admins?

Anyway, I am looking to migrate to AU, but not without heavy research. We have indeed,monster, and dice here in the states, what do you guys use in AU for job search?

Yea this guy is middle income at best and likes to believe he is a high roller, on the up side he is not blaming Australia for all his troubles, well at least not yet :P . Its kinda entertaining as I live here, a few things I can relate to :P

The reference "IT" is extremely vast, from Techs level 1,2 to Sysadmins and Network Engineers, DBA's, developers, project managers etc, it means the same as in the US.

"www.seek.com.au" is probably the most popular web site, but just be warned I would estimate around 90% of add in the IT field are generic fake fishing adds for job agency databases and or dupes. From what I hear its the same for many other occupational fields.

Linkedin is becoming more popular for poaching however I am not a huge fan as I see many people falsely endorsing others for skills they don't have, its becoming more of a popularity site over profiles based in reality.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:54 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,230,908 times
Quote:
He sounds like a Kiwi though, what is with your constant hatred of the country you chose to live in?
It's a shame, they should be grateful for the opportunities they have here. I can't understand why they stay if they hate it so much life's too short to be unhappy.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:57 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,230,908 times
Quote:
ROFL hey don't look at me!! people need to find other ways to relieve their *tension*

Last edited by Samuel,J; 09-24-2014 at 09:10 PM..

Old 09-26-2014, 02:45 AM

New genuinely somewhat amusing vid worth posting and watching if you are stretched for entertainment this weekend, love the 80's adds at the beginning.

Its funny when someone is down on their luck how they can start to blame the country they live in for all of their problems, it offers insight into the kinds of people out there.

***bad language warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMt0...eknuEjb11DjX_Q

Love him or hate him, at least he has the guts not to hide behind a anonymous handle in a forum, none of it is too over the top and he even adds balance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand