Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 02:44 AM

4,215 posts, read 4,884,241 times

Advertisements

Ooo....look at that.

Quote:
As noted earlier today, the RBA/APRA reportedly favours raising interest rate buffers, rather than loan-to-value ratio caps.
Sounds eerily familiar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1
The sensible option is to use a higher theoretical interest rate when determining capacity to pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 02:47 AM

1,337 posts, read 1,946,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
Ooo....look at that.
we will see :P

But on the up side they are identifying bank lending as the prime cause and I think you will agree.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleneter View Post
we will see :P

But on the up side they are identifying bank lending as the prime cause and I think you will agree.
Agree with what?

I should read Macrobusiness more often. They must read my posts!

Quote:
So what would Australia’s version of macro-prudential look like? At this stage it appears that the RBA/APRA are unlikely to follow the Reserve Bank of New Zealand’s approach and implement loan-to-value ratio (LVR) limits. These are perceived as being too blunt and having a particularly detrimental impact on first home buyers, who struggle to raise the necessary 20% deposit.
Seems like I was just saying the same thing.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Agree with what?

I should read Macrobusiness more often. They must read my posts!

Seems like I was just saying the same thing.
When mild increases in interest rates don't work (and put further mortgage stress on FTB with huge mortgages), I wonder what the RBA will do next, gee I wonder what increaseing intrest rates will do to the $AU

Using interest rates is the blunt method, it may be a learning curve for the RBA but they will get there!

Old 09-24-2014, 03:09 AM

Quote:
When mild increases in interest rates don't work (and put further mortgage stress on FTB with huge mortgages), I wonder what the RBA will do next, gee I wonder what increaseing intrest rates will do to the $AU

Using interest rates is the blunt method, it may be a learning curve for the RBA but they will get there!
They're not going to change interest rates.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:19 AM

Quote:
They're not going to change interest rates.
The RBA has identified Aus Bank lending standards to speculative buyers causing an imbalance in the market, which is jibbrish for there is a housing bubble., BTW LVR ratios effect investors not just first time buys.

So what do YOU think they are "going" to do, Jedi mind tricks?

Old 09-24-2014, 03:21 AM

Quote:
The RBA has identified Aus Bank lending standards to speculative buyers causing an imbalance in the market, which is jibbrish for there is a housing bubble., BTW LVR ratios effect investors not just first time buys.

So what do YOU think they are "going" to do, Jedi mind tricks?
Increase the interest rate buffer like I've said about 5 times in this thread.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Increase the interest rate buffer like I've said about 5 times in this thread.
Sorry I will rephrase that question, so what do you think the RBA will do to ultimately solve the problem

Old 09-24-2014, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Sorry I will rephrase that question, so what do you think the RBA will do to ultimately solve the problem
Why don't you tell me what the effect of the RBA's imminent increase in interest rates will be on the dollar? You seem to be under the erroneous impression that interest rates are about to rise. Maybe also explain how an increase in the interest rate buffer will increase interest rates. You seem to be so well across the issue.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:33 AM

5,058 posts, read 7,495,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel,J View Post
Also you should be aware that many of the new developments north of Brisbane are now coming with fibre optic internet networks. But, it will be eons til that new fangled technology works its way out to us up in them thar hills (you pays yer money and you takes yer choice)
We are not going to get it for eons either, and that's 6km from the CBD

Last edited by danielsa1775; 09-24-2014 at 04:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand