Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 10:27 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,230,908 times

Advertisements

Will there be wailing and gnashing of teeth in the streets?

BBC Sport - Rugby Championship: South Africa beat New Zealand in thriller

Can't be long until the next world cup can it? thank goodness rugby union isn't that popular over here and second best to football back home. Hopefully we'll be spared the worst of it from this safe distance.

Give me netball any day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 10:29 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,947,777 times
OMG now that is shocking!

Finally a thread that matters!

Old 10-05-2014, 12:35 AM

Favourite All Blacks National anthem 2011 world cup, @1.42 Richie MaCcaw All Black Captain going through hell at the time with ongoing Canterbury quakes, looks directly at the camera for a split second, turns and gets on with the job with NO fanfare he just looks pissed off. Can't even begin to describe the pride!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhCgcZ0efAA

Hayley Westenra singing another Cantab - If I was 15 years younger, fitter, better looking, taller, not married, richer, more intelligent and lived in NZ, I reckon I might have a chance with her!

Old 10-05-2014, 06:31 AM

5,059 posts, read 7,501,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleneter View Post
OMG now that is shocking!

Finally a thread that matters!
It matters that the all blacks were beaten on a side note Australia lost to Argentina this morning, let's quietly slip that one under the carpet shall we?

Old 10-05-2014, 09:27 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,125,092 times
I saw the thread title and was glad it is in Australia New Zealand and not P&OC :-)

Old 10-05-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
I saw the thread title and was glad it is in Australia New Zealand and not P&OC :-)

OMG and the wash-up has already begun, Stuff is turning it into a reader assignment. Classic!

Quote:
All Blacks unbeaten no more. Now what?

Was this loss the wake-up call the team needed ahead of the World Cup to avoid complacency or did this year's effort hold the All Blacks in good stead?
Share your views on the All Blacks' latest performance and the Rugby Championship by hitting the green button below.
All Blacks unbeaten no more. Now what? - sport | Stuff.co.nz

and this one, what a shame Liam Napier couldn't bring himself to be magnanimous in defeat.
Quote:
A year out from the Rugby World Cup, the Springboks have broken their mental barrier against the All Blacks.
The importance of this epic 27-25 victory for the Boks at Ellis Park in Johannesburg yesterday cannot be understated.
After a three-year drought against the All Blacks they now truly believe, despite the fact the All Blacks had another Rugby Championship title sewn up before a ball was kicked yesterday.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/i...-believe-again

Old 10-05-2014, 04:33 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
It matters that the all blacks were beaten on a side note Australia lost to Argentina this morning, let's quietly slip that one under the carpet shall we?
Did we lose?
All I know is : this is the best

Argentine minces Australian anthem

Old 10-05-2014, 04:41 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel,J View Post

Can't be long until the next world cup can it? thank goodness rugby union isn't that popular over here and second best to football back home. Hopefully we'll be spared the worst of it from this safe distance.
You don't seem to like union, but here you are, starting threads about the results of one game.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:46 PM

The fall out is interesting. I'm looking forward to reading Stuff's reader assignments.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
You don't seem to like union, but here you are, starting threads about the results of one game.
It "appears" the image the OP is trying to impose is, all Kiwis religiously follow Union and thus a loss must be heartbreaking, and of course you will note the belittling overtones in the initial post.

Although the biggest sport in NZ is Union, I break down support like this.

20% Religiously follow
30% Follow it often
30 % Follow it on occasion
20% Don't like Union at all.

I am a "follow it on occasion' man myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand