Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 09:26 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times

Advertisements

IF IS were in NZ beheading Christians, how would kiwis react to Americans who make comments such as "we already helped them in WWII, lets not get involved again..not our problem." or what if Iraq was an anglo and English speaking country.. would people react differently?

As far as seeing pictures of atrocities, of course NZ herald would not show those.. do a google.. I saw horrible photos... I can't shake the torso of a young girl in a party dress on the ground without a head.

Shame. At least 80 other countries are doing the right thing.

PS I saw the same photo this congresswoman is referring to:
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/21...ading-children

“I have a picture of what I estimate to be a 6-year-old girl in a gingham party dress, white tights, a little red band around her wrist, Mary Janes [shoes], and she’s lying on the ground, and her head is gone,” Feinstein said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”“This could be an American child. It could be a European child. It could be a child anywhere,” the chairwoman added. “This is the mentality of the group that we are so concerned with. They have killed thousands; they are marching on; they have an army; they are well organized.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 06:17 PM

251 posts, read 396,152 times
Probably they will .

Old 10-16-2014, 08:53 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,230,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildOnions View Post
I hope New Zealand stays out of it.
I think they should stay out of it. Unfortunately that hard won temporary seat on the UN Security Council comes with a price.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:59 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Security Council isn't part of the equation.

NZ doesn't see itself as as a southern Switzerland.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:51 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,070,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel,J View Post
And what death sentences does the west mete out to those which don't conform to the Christian/Zionist ideal way of life.

The pictures we see here of the damage are sanitised so we don't get to see the death and devastation that's caused in our name. The present generation has grown up to know the phrase 'surgical strikes' without any concept of the horror that involves. I've seen pictures of dead toddlers in Iraq with the flesh peeled back from their skulls like the skin of an orange. Maybe if we didn't perpetrate such acts of violence we wouldn't be radicalising so many Muslims? Maybe we wouldn't have Australian combat troops undergoing pyschological treatments for PTSD, including ECT?

Is a Christian fundamentalist any worse than a Muslim?
Why do expect kiwies to support your nonsense. Kiwies are pacifists, not Muslim apologists.

Sometimes some actions are so bad that even pacifists need to act. The fact that NZ is getting involved, shows how important it is to stop ISIS.

Old 10-17-2014, 04:31 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Why do expect kiwies to support your nonsense. Kiwies are pacifists, not Muslim apologists.

Sometimes some actions are so bad that even pacifists need to act. The fact that NZ is getting involved, shows how important it is to stop ISIS.

I tend to agree. Hell......Canada is sending 6 CF-18's, a refuelling aircraft, a 2 Aurora Surveillance aircraft. And we will begin a bombing campaign within a month.

That should tell you something right there. lol

Canada, New Zealand, and Australia have always stood up and not only fought, but punched well above our weights for what is right and just in this world. This is one of those times.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post

How many additional refugees has New Zealand agreed to take? I'm sure the National government will be keen to help in any way it can, it's not all about dropping guided missles. Is it?

Old 10-18-2014, 10:35 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,946,983 times
Quote:
Australia has justification for getting into this scrap, but NZ? Sorry but it just doesn't wash. .
Not sure why Australia has more justification than NZ, I don't see a tangible difference?

Quote:
it's not all about dropping guided missles. Is it?

NZ doesn't have the capability to drop a guided missiles on anyone , Australia however just sent a small squadron of F18's.

If someone locally was really passionate about piece they could hold up protest banners outside the Amberly Airbase in Ipswich!, that's within driving distance, maybe notify the press get some exposure!

Old 10-19-2014, 06:17 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
How many additional refugees has New Zealand agreed to take? I'm sure the National government will be keen to help in any way it can, it's not all about dropping guided missles. Is it?
Has NZ agreed to take additional refugees?

Old 10-19-2014, 06:49 PM

I don't think so, New Zealand has an annual refugee resettlement quota of 750 people plus or minus 10%. (0.179 per 1,000 population) There are 6 intakes a year, each of about 125 people. Australia takes about 20,000 (0.267 per 1,000 population). http://www.refugeecouncil.org.au/n/m...lobalStats.pdf

I haven't seen anything about either country increasing their intakes to allow for the conflicts they're involved with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand