Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 07:25 PM

6,056 posts, read 5,985,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Come on troubes, you're tilting at windmills now. Just be proud that our RBA has achieved it's goals. If you want their goals to be different, lobby your local rep.

I'm going to be a tourist myself the next 4 weeks! I will be on the receiving end of those beers.
Be my guest. You be proud of RBA and the destructive results of its lack of policy has resulted in Australia.
I'll give my respect to something where it is due.

Working for beer in lieu of money? Not sure I'd call that a holiday but each to their own. Anyway, Bonne Vaccances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2019, 10:12 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,534,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Be my guest. You be proud of RBA and the destructive results of its lack of policy has resulted in Australia.
I'll give my respect to something where it is due.

Working for beer in lieu of money? Not sure I'd call that a holiday but each to their own. Anyway, Bonne Vaccances.
Thanks troubes I'm looking forward to it. A bit of time in China and then on to the States. There will be no work for me.

Old 03-26-2019, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Thanks troubes I'm looking forward to it. A bit of time in China and then on to the States. There will be no work for me.
I guess some will do anything for a few free beers. Out of 1.3 Billion people, or whatever the figure is, there may well be one that will indulge you. America, in excess of 300 million, though not sure about New Yorkers, may equally put their hand in their pocket. If you keep to Bali, of course you could prevented save yourself going off budget.

Old 03-26-2019, 06:45 AM

4,239 posts, read 4,910,841 times
Quote:
What you more likely mean, is that seldom. if ever your ideological position ever challenged, to the degree that you are accountable for an explanation into why you arrive at such a position. It must be confronting for you, but no apologies.
If you have never debated in 'real life' hardly my fault. Contradictory, no not at all. Although saying that I could play Devil's Advocate, and get the message some are attempting to 'get out' on this forum, with greater ease, although I say it myself.
You really need to work on your syntax. Half your sentences make no sense and have commas and fullstops all over the place. To address your statement, I've been around, and debating with, left leaning economists most of my career, in my experience, with a few celebrity economist exceptions, they tend to be more grounded in reality and can make coherent argument based on research. In comparison you're about as troublesome as a cloudy day.

Quote:
Oh by the way. Your disapproval of raising the minimum wage is wrong. In a climate where wallet being firmly kept in hip pocket, stimulation is required to get spending up. Regardless of official inflation figures, everybody can see prices for essentials like food items, power costs, and the like are eating into other forms of spending.
I expect you agree with tax cuts for the well heeled though?
I don't think you should assume anything. Ahh...The CPI says prices aren't rising, but my finger in the wind anecdote says they are, therefore they are.

Last edited by BCC_1; 03-26-2019 at 07:56 AM..

Old 03-26-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Contradictory, no not at all. Although saying that I could play Devil's Advocate
I said internally contradictory. You play Devil's advocate with yourself.

Old 03-26-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
You really need to work on your syntax. Half your sentences make no sense and have commas and fullstops all over the place. To address your statement, I've been around, and debating with, left leaning economists most of my career, in my experience, with a few celebrity economist exceptions, they tend to be more grounded in reality and can make coherent argument based on research. In comparison you're about as troublesome as a cloudy day.

I don't think you should assume anything. Ahh...The CPI says prices aren't rising, but my finger in the wind anecdote says they are, therefore they are.
Your career? By own reckoning you are in your twenties. Now that's some career longevity. I'm afraid the greenness behind the ears, especially but not confined to, when attempting to get the 'upper hand' is all too evident, My sentences make plenty of sense, unfortunately they pass over your head, but then by own reckoning you are only in your twenties, so life experience at a minimum, let alone being exposed to anything like alternative and/or challenging views, but never the less certainly have a ticket on yourself, (certainly deluded by feelings of grandeur and no doubt self importance)which I can shred in as many pieces as so desire on every on line encounter. It must do your head. But you make it so easy.....By the way would be 'over the moon' , to hear your ability at speaking the two languages you once claimed to speak.

Old 03-26-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I said internally contradictory. You play Devil's advocate with yourself.
I'll leave the playing with oneself, to obviously someone with experience in that particular matter as yourself.
Hope the syntax is not beyond your comprehension level of understanding. English being a somewhat, simplistic language, I just assume native speakers of the mono lingual variety, well be in a possession to grasp it.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Your career? By own reckoning you are in your twenties.
I'm 37.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I'll leave the playing with oneself, to obviously someone with experience in that particular matter as yourself.
Hope the syntax is not beyond your comprehension level of understanding. English being a somewhat, simplistic language, I just assume native speakers of the mono lingual variety, well be in a possession to grasp it.
Ha! Thanks for making my point.

Such a simplistic language and yet someone of your eminent intelligence has trouble constructing the most basic sentence.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
I'm 37.
Of course you are. It really doesn't matter , as you could be a spotty sixteen year, attempting to be adult. It's not about you, but the content.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand