Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 01:26 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,207,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
Completely agree. It looks pretty much like they got that one out there specifically to get him wound up. Is he going to give a press conference every time China says something mean about Australia? "I don't respond to memes on social media" would have been a better way to deal with any questions about it.

I don't mind China making her true intentions known. Long overdue. If they want to buy or not buy our stuff that's their decision, but their tentacles were deep and getting deeper.

I think they've overplayed their hand here massively. The rest of the world will be waking up to the fact that China sees itself as Rome and everyone else as client states.
Agree.

And with Biden taking office I think you'll see a more unified Western front with EU, US, Canada, Aust and others taking action against China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2020, 02:02 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,734,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
It’s hilarious that you’re saying this now, when in the past you openly praised the Chinese for dealing with the Uyghur problem by saying that they need to be sent to camps in order to minimize the risk of Islamic indoctrination. Now you’re claiming the opposite.

BTW, if you’re familiar with the recent Milan controversy, it erupted as a result of one of the Chinese leads expressing their support for the government’s policies. Why would they take such a stand if there was nothing going on in the first place.
Huh? There is no contradiction. Institutions where problematic Uighurs are educated, taught the Chinese language and laws etc. are fine with me.
The Uighur stories spread by the Western propaganda machine go way beyond what the Chinese openly and proudly confirm (my previous sentence basically), claiming there are a million prisoners, slave labor, and stuff like that.

No, I have not heard of any Milan controversy, yet.

Old 12-01-2020, 02:43 PM

4,216 posts, read 4,885,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, that organization is at the core of the manipulation of Australians' view of China. A right-wing, militaristic, pseudo-Australian organization financed by the US, whose sole goal it is to smear China.

The Chinese were totally right with what they said. When the West invents all those Uighur stories and interferes in China's human rights situation, it makes perfect sense for China to point out the barbaric behavior of Western troops and others.

They also mention in that article that China said the virus was brought to China by Americans. What they do not mention is that it was the reply to the American conspiracy theory about the virus having been made in a Chinese lab and released on purpose. So, again, the Chinese merely reacted with an equally unfounded claim.

And no, unlike what the article says, the rift between Australia and China did not open because of the call for an independent investigation into the virus. I don't remember the exact wording, but the call was based on the presumption that the virus was from China and that there was guilt involved, which implied an accusation. That is why China refused that kind of partisan Western investigation. They have agreed to an independent, unbiased investigation, though, which is already underway.

And economically, it was Australia which started it by banning Huawei without any evidence that there was anything wrong with Huawei products.

Unlike a wumao, they don't have to pay me a single cent because I like investigating stuff and I like justice. For that reason I only write what I really believe.

Also, the US employs an army of online warriors that infiltrate message boards and social media in order to manipulate the public. They certainly don't work for free. So, run a hypocrisy check...
There is even an organization for smearing American journalists that don't support the cold war on China:
https://thegrayzone.com/2020/08/18/u...ed-coda-story/

Well, I know, you guys are lazy and ideologically blinded, you like to just chill on your comfortable propaganda carpet and anyone that doesn't agree with that nonsense is considered a threat because you don't like the idea that maybe, if you did some research, you would find out that you are mistaken.
Thanks for the laugh.

Old 12-01-2020, 02:48 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,472,603 times
free the uighers!

wumao should be put in the concentration camps in xinjiang instead.

they promote disharmony

Old 12-01-2020, 03:18 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,492,366 times
Quote:
Huh? There is no contradiction. Institutions where problematic Uighurs are educated, taught the Chinese language and laws etc. are fine with me.
The Uighur stories spread by the Western propaganda machine go way beyond what the Chinese openly and proudly confirm (my previous sentence basically), claiming there are a million prisoners, slave labor, and stuff like that.

No, I have not heard of any Milan controversy, yet.
That was supposed to say Mulan.

Old 12-01-2020, 03:26 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,521,102 times
Quote:
Well, that organization is at the core of the manipulation of Australians' view of China. A right-wing, militaristic, pseudo-Australian organization financed by the US, whose sole goal it is to smear China.

The Chinese were totally right with what they said. When the West invents all those Uighur stories and interferes in China's human rights situation, it makes perfect sense for China to point out the barbaric behavior of Western troops and others.

They also mention in that article that China said the virus was brought to China by Americans. What they do not mention is that it was the reply to the American conspiracy theory about the virus having been made in a Chinese lab and released on purpose. So, again, the Chinese merely reacted with an equally unfounded claim.

And no, unlike what the article says, the rift between Australia and China did not open because of the call for an independent investigation into the virus. I don't remember the exact wording, but the call was based on the presumption that the virus was from China and that there was guilt involved, which implied an accusation. That is why China refused that kind of partisan Western investigation. They have agreed to an independent, unbiased investigation, though, which is already underway.

And economically, it was Australia which started it by banning Huawei without any evidence that there was anything wrong with Huawei products.

Unlike a wumao, they don't have to pay me a single cent because I like investigating stuff and I like justice. For that reason I only write what I really believe.

Also, the US employs an army of online warriors that infiltrate message boards and social media in order to manipulate the public. They certainly don't work for free. So, run a hypocrisy check...
There is even an organization for smearing American journalists that don't support the cold war on China:
https://thegrayzone.com/2020/08/18/u...ed-coda-story/

Well, I know, you guys are lazy and ideologically blinded, you like to just chill on your comfortable propaganda carpet and anyone that doesn't agree with that nonsense is considered a threat because you don't like the idea that maybe, if you did some research, you would find out that you are mistaken.
You really should reply as individual posts. You just blew $1 with this one.

Old 12-01-2020, 03:32 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,521,102 times
https://www.news.com.au/technology/o...a8e33b1237760f

This is part of the reason why Scomo should have ignored the tweet. They are just trolling him now...

Old 12-01-2020, 06:04 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,406 times
I feel if China did something like go after Australia in the near future most do the world would be against it. I mean, China is even overstepping their bounds with Russia. Nobody is very happy with China right now. If China continues its push let’s hope it stays that way, as a united world makes China less scary. Although, I can’t imagine being in Hong Kong right now.

Old 12-01-2020, 06:42 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,437,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I feel if China did something like go after Australia in the near future most do the world would be against it.
That would be great lol.

A Chinese Civil War 2.0 is what the world needs at this point. Can CIA just assassinate someone to make it happen please?

Last edited by Greysholic; 12-01-2020 at 06:51 PM..

Old 12-02-2020, 01:17 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,750,727 times
It's funny that a Chinese young artist's work stirred such a fight.
Western media are full of China bashing cartoons and articles 24/7, but people all consider it perfectly fine (and China government doesn't care in most cases either).

Typical double standard rooted in pride and prejudice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand