Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2021, 10:05 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times

Advertisements

I'm doing research for a trip that will involve a lot of golf and winery visits.

What are your top things to see and do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2021, 03:09 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,307,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I'm doing research for a trip that will involve a lot of golf and winery visits.

I think you need to research the whole state of Victoria as many of the best attractions are a couple of hours out of the city. There are the sand belt golf courses, the great ocean road, the vineyards in the north of the state around Rutherglen. The city has the usual museums and so on and the parks are beautiful.

You have plenty of time to plan as I doubt that the country will be open for overseas tourists within the next year.

Old 05-01-2021, 05:21 AM

2,478 posts, read 1,550,658 times
Would love to spend a few months in Australia. I’ve heard the Sun Coast has some awesome golf courses. Would like spend time in Sydney, of course. A guy at our local gol course comes from Melbourne and although he is of course biased he will tell you it’s the most beautiful city in the world. Our plan is to visit once we retire in about five years.

Old 05-01-2021, 10:58 AM

2,304 posts, read 2,962,268 times
Quote:

Although it is several hours away, one great place to see is the Great Ocean Road and all the scenery along it. I suppose it can be done in a day but 2 or 3 days is ideal. I found this to be one of the big highlights of Australia.

Old 06-05-2021, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
Although it is several hours away, one great place to see is the Great Ocean Road and all the scenery along it. I suppose it can be done in a day but 2 or 3 days is ideal. I found this to be one of the big highlights of Australia.
We plan to fly to Adelaide then drive to Melbourne via the Great Ocean Road.

Our plans are still developing (target is January 2023) but our current focus is Adelaide wineries, Melbourne wineries and golf courses, and Tasmania golf courses.

Old 06-05-2021, 06:37 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,307,469 times
Quote:
We plan to fly to Adelaide then drive to Melbourne via the Great Ocean Road.

Our plans are still developing (target is January 2023) but our current focus is Adelaide wineries, Melbourne wineries and golf courses, and Tasmania golf courses.
A lot of the good golf courses and especially wineries in Victoria are somewhat out of Melbourne. But as you will be having a car that should be fine. Quite a few of the top Melbourne courses are invitation only.

Old 06-06-2021, 06:58 AM

Here are the golf courses I am looking at. My assumption is that I will not be able to play private courses but I have not talked with my club pro.

Cape Wickham
Barnbougle Dunes
Barnbougle lost farm
Ocean Dunes
The Dunes
Barwon Heads
St Andrews Beach
Thirteenth Beach
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand