Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2008, 01:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,798 times

Advertisements

[FONT=Arial]Hello! I am a student going to Australia for my studies and need to have a look at the job scenario there. I am considering working there as I would be needing some extra money (apart from the one I will be getting for my studies). Just need some info on the jobs available there …….. do you people have some info for me???[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 06:32 PM

4 posts, read 15,060 times
hi different jobs seem to be in demand in different states ,where in Oz are you thinking of,labouring work seems readily availble in Queensland,IT work seems more prominent in sydney ,perth has really slowed down on most work fronts,hope this helps a bit
Cal x

Old 07-26-2008, 09:16 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,726,077 times
From what I understand, a student-visa holder is only allowed to work 20 hours per week when studies are in session, which pretty much rules out any sort of well-paying professional job, unless you've got some connections. Part-time work in restaurants would be an option, they're crying out for good wait staff here in Perth. Or any wait staff actually. Not sure about other cities. I'm in IT and we have no students on staff, never have. Contractors all go through agencies at my company.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,769 times
Default RE:Really want to know about the jobs in Australia.

[FONT=Arial]There are many types of jobs available like jobs on part-time, permanent, contract jobs and if you need a complete view of the information there then you can check out [URL="http://australiatop.com/"]australiatop.com[/URL], [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]This has a good content that can be of your interest. There are many other sources too available … you just need to have a basic search for that.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

Old 07-27-2008, 10:01 PM

42 posts, read 130,584 times
don't worry you can certainly get a part time job in OZ, there are loads of students from different countries who are doing study as well as part time jobs.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:24 AM

60 posts, read 203,509 times
Depends which city you move to. In both Sydney and Melbourne there are plenty of jobs. Genrally the student work in the retail industry such as coles, safeway, myers and david jones. But you can also check out this web site SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site which has loads of listing avaible. Any more help just let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand