U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 02:37 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,141,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
We need to coordinate this to ensure MM is in OZ and can come with!
Shoot for next year. Womadelaide or Feast. And I know the place for pie floaters!
What time of year are you talking? I have no clue when these things are on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
..I think we should also do a tour of all the main murder sites, y'know, Snowtown, Truro, River Torrrens, the hills in general. I could do the commentary! Lets not forget the infamous kidnapping scenes of Addlebrain Oval and Glenelg..woohoo!
Now, if you want wine in Clare Valley, you hafta go to Seven Hills monastery. It's a little more interesting than yer average winery. Mini, will you plump for a night at Martindale Hall for us all?
Oh you can count me in with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
^^

Oops, make that the "Granite Belt" which is part of an area called "Southern Downs."
That's the place in Queensland that scares me.
Make up your mind!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 06:11 AM

9,594 posts, read 25,860,398 times
^^

All of Darling Downs, actually, but especially the Granite Belt.

*It seems to be either primarily farmland, or exclusively farmland,
so it seems likely that no companies that could employ me would want an offfice out that way, anyways.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:40 PM

9,336 posts, read 20,588,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
What time of year are you talking? I have no clue when these things are on.

Oh you can count me in with that!

Make up your mind!
womadelaide is generally first week of march, same time as feast

my favorite fest though is sea and vines of mcclaren vale
2009 McLaren Vale BankSA Sea & Vines Festival (http://www.seaandvines.com/seaandvines/ - broken link)

we can do a mcleod's tour (barossa/clare valley area) of the countryside around gawler.. even jacqs will have to admit she likes the beautiful SA countryside..
http://www.southaustralia.com/us/Barossa.aspx
http://www.southaustralia.com/us/ClareValleyYorkePeninsula.aspx (broken link)

Old 06-24-2009, 05:47 PM

3,039 posts, read 5,584,888 times
Quote:

2009 McLaren Vale BankSA Sea & Vines Festival (http://www.seaandvines.com/seaandvines/ - broken link)

we can do a mcleod's tour (barossa/clare valley area) of the countryside around gawler.. even jacqs will have to admit she likes the beautiful SA countryside..
South Australia - Barossa
South Australia - Clare Valley & Yorke Peninsula (http://www.southaustralia.com/us/ClareValleyYorkePeninsula.aspx - broken link)
Mini, mini....mini. Call yourself an Adelaidean? Feast is in November. Maybe you're thinking of Fringe. Countryside is fine, but I got carsick when we drove though the Addlledbrain Hills on the w/e. To think we used to live there..

Old 06-24-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Mini, mini....mini. Call yourself an Adelaidean? Feast is in November. Maybe you're thinking of Fringe. Countryside is fine, but I got carsick when we drove though the Addlledbrain Hills on the w/e. To think we used to live there..
sorry i meant Fringe, not Feast... you are so au courant.. did u stop in hahndorf for a wurst?

Old 06-24-2009, 07:33 PM

We did actually, as well as a pint of Lowenbrau at the Hahndorf Mill..it was cold and rainy, just right for such victuals. I had two kranskys..you could say I went from brat to wurst..or not.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:10 PM

I was happy the day I saw Lloyd Brothers open up a shop in Hahndorf. When I needed their garlic olives or tapenard I did not have to drive all the way to McClaren Vale any more -- Hahndorf is so much closer.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:53 PM

..Hahndorf is also a good source of Dutch liquorice if you like that sort of thing. I'd rather stick flaming matches in my toenails but mah boy craves it.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:17 AM

12,248 posts, read 1,198,433 times
Have been to Perth...lovely city, have been to Adelaide another lovely city...but I live in Brisbane...so Brissy gets my vote

Old 06-25-2009, 12:34 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,141,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
^^

All of Darling Downs, actually, but especially the Granite Belt.

*It seems to be either primarily farmland, or exclusively farmland,
so it seems likely that no companies that could employ me would want an offfice out that way, anyways.
You never know! Depends on what kind of office! They're screaming out for services in most of the outback and remote areas, well in country areas in general. You might be able to corner the market if you have a service that farmers would want.

Quote:

South Australia - Barossa
South Australia - Clare Valley & Yorke Peninsula (http://www.southaustralia.com/us/ClareValleyYorkePeninsula.aspx - broken link)
Don't think I'll have any cash come March. I'm expecting several months of living off lentils when I get back from the US.
Sea and vines sounds god though!

Quote:
..Hahndorf is also a good source of Dutch liquorice if you like that sort of thing. I'd rather stick flaming matches in my toenails but mah boy craves it.
I've tried that stuff! It's horrid! I'll join you with a pack of redheads AND maybe some Darrel Lea soft eating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMarg View Post
Have been to Perth...lovely city, have been to Adelaide another lovely city...but I live in Brisbane...so Brissy gets my vote
Hi DiMarg! We've been needing some Banana Benders about the place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand