Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 04:07 PM

9,327 posts, read 21,934,429 times

Advertisements

the best state is the state you are happy visiting. its just like the US or Canada.. people will have differing opinions and a conclusion will never be agreed upon.
a mate of mine who was visiting boston last weekend told me she hated cairns.. and that's her hometown.. so go figure..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 06:43 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,715,457 times
The much-maligned Canberra in the ACT is worth viewing and spending some time there.
Despite it's reputation as being dull by my compatriots, it has a lot to offer, and is close to the Snowy Mountains on the NSW-Vic border where bushwalking and other activities are on offer.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:20 AM

9,327 posts, read 21,934,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek40 View Post
The much-maligned Canberra in the ACT is worth viewing and spending some time there.
Despite it's reputation as being dull by my compatriots, it has a lot to offer, and is close to the Snowy Mountains on the NSW-Vic border where bushwalking and other activities are on offer.
There we go.. a different viewpoint on the ACT... And people know I love SA having spent years there and I've seen it through the different seasons AND Ive met some of the nicest people from SA; but someone who has only spent a few weeks there may have a differing opinion.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:58 AM

1 posts, read 686 times
I live in Tasmania and have been all around Qld and Victoria (would love to explore the other side soon).
And I must say as much **** as you cop living in tassie I would never change it. The people here are amazing and so friendly, The island is absolutely beautiful and it doesn't take much time to see it all :P
And trust me we are not all related n marrying our cousins lol but we do need more things down here to support us and tourism and I'm 21 love to shop and I wouldn't suggest a shopping lover come down I give melb No.1 for that Qld. 1 for fun for the family n sunshine Syd no1 for ppl who like life in the fast lane and Tassie No.1 for its beauty n winning ur heart

Old 03-28-2012, 06:16 AM

204 posts, read 414,640 times
Canberra is a great place for nerds. And I don't mean that in a bad way, I am a nerd, but it's why some people find it dull. If you're after nightlife, beach activities or natural beauty, little of that.
But there's heaps of interest to see!
Parliament, watch Question Time in person!
The National Library of Australia, largest library in the country with every Australian book ever published.
Australian War Memorial, with Spitfires, Me109s, ww1 tanks.
Questacon, a large science museum and the Canberra Space Dome.
The Telstra Tower, a huge cell tower with a revolving restaurant!
Tour the embassies and see the architectural choices countries around the world have made for their representation.

Best state to visit? Other than my own, New South Wales. I'd say Queensland, so much to see, the tropical beauty in the north with the great barrier reef and rainforests, and Brisbane and Gold Coast in the south, both great cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand