Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 12:00 AM

871 posts, read 1,625,377 times

Advertisements

tis true americans also whine about others just like americans can't believe others dare to whine about america so they are a tad more obnoxious in that department.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:16 AM

2,421 posts, read 6,942,660 times
Well, if someone would just give them some New Zealand Cheese, with their American whine?

Last edited by Kangaroofarmer; 10-18-2009 at 12:46 AM..

Old 10-18-2009, 12:19 AM

790 posts, read 1,728,125 times
Quote:
Check out notcanada DOT com for a shocker.
whoa@ the racism from both sides of the fence on that website.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:14 AM

9,327 posts, read 21,950,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
whoa@ the racism from both sides of the fence on that website.
that was the point I was trying to make; NZ isn't unique in having whinging immigrants. And it doesn't matter their country of origin; you will encounter them. I saw quite a few people on that website who are staying in Canada just to get their Canadian citizenship; then they will try to get work in the US (good luck to them) via the NAFTA visa programme.

I also found an interesting link here where a kiwi MP is quoted as saying that NZ treats its immigrants like "waste products":
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...ducts-Anderton

Now this surprised me, especially since a kiwi politician was the source of the quote. With all the kiwis leaving NZ for careers in Oz, the UK, etc., doesn't NZ need immigrants to prevent it from have a declining population? Could this explain why not just yanks, but other migrants in NZ whinge? In this article its a Scottish family.

Not intending this to start a flame war, but the following questions are food for thought:
1. Can immigrants change the system when they are NOT ALLOWED to vote for their MPs?
2. Shouldn't the government find out why many return to their countries of origins?
3. Alternatively, shouldn't the government find ways to stop the kiwi exodus in the first place to reduce their reliance on immigration to prevent a population decline?

Last edited by minibrings; 10-18-2009 at 09:04 AM..

Old 10-18-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory00 View Post
tis true americans also whine about others just like americans can't believe others dare to whine about america so they are a tad more obnoxious in that department.
LOL I'm the first to whinge about the US and its government. There are many of us that complain about our country and don't mind and actually can understand when people outside the US whine about the US. I encouraged it actually when I lived in Oz. I'd tell people "go ahead, blame me for Bush... you'll feel better". To make an absolute statement about 300 million people would be as inaccurate as me making an absolute statement about 4 million_kiwis. I don't know ALL 4 million kiwis... I doubt you know all 300 million Americans!

Old 10-18-2009, 10:46 AM

15 posts, read 41,935 times
I think the reason we notice Americans more is because they are so loud and in your face. Asians may not like the country but they are quieter whereas americans want the whole city to know what they think.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:24 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,597,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko1 View Post
I think the reason we notice Americans more is because they are so loud and in your face. Asians may not like the country but they are quieter whereas americans want the whole city to know what they think.
I do see some Americans that act that way(mostly new yorkers) or other city slickers, but most Americans are pretty regular without histrionic behavior and are probably more open and friendly than a lot of kiwis, who seem to be a bit suspicious.

If we are loud or opinionated then well I'd rather have that then mousing around meekly.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:25 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,150,994 times
Quote:
True, had a tourist waka in Dunedin, I was having a couple of single malts in the railway station cafe/bar,
went up to the bar for a refill when I turned a little tubby fellow in shorts socks and sandals was taking my photo.

When I asked him WTF are you doing, he stated he had the right to take any photos he wanted.
I must have been in a good mood that day, for I did not jam the camera where the sun could not get to it.

Old 10-18-2009, 02:11 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,913,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
True, had a tourist waka in Dunedin, .
Is a 'waka' some new kind of 'haka'??
Damn tourists, they should all go back to where they came from originally.

Old 10-18-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Have you spent time in Hong Kong or Shanghai or worked with large groups of asians? One of the loudest complainers on the expatexpossed website is an Asian female; she's happy to tell you what she thinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand