Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 11:00 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,927,809 times

Advertisements

I'm just waiting for mehhh to go and post that comment in the Military Life forum. Oh wait, that forum is for people with backbones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 07:35 AM

758 posts, read 2,240,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
I'm just waiting for mehhh to go and post that comment in the Military Life forum. Oh wait, that forum is for people with backbones.
Well, if he DOES post it on that forum, you'll just call him a troll and you'll say he has no backbone because he can't say it to their faces, he has to hide behind a computer screen. And if he does say it to their faces, you'll call him unpatriotic and you'll say that they are over there fighting for his freedom.

There really is no winning with people who glorify military life/service.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:53 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelaldo View Post
Well, if he DOES post it on that forum, you'll just call him a troll and you'll say he has no backbone because he can't say it to their faces, he has to hide behind a computer screen. And if he does say it to their faces, you'll call him unpatriotic and you'll say that they are over there fighting for his freedom.

He's a troll in this forum and I have no problem saying so AND frankly I think his comments in this particular thread are out of line and have nothing to do with the thread topic.

As to your last comment, NOT that it is related to the thread topic, but WHO is glorifying military life/service?

That MOST people in the Australia forum appreciate the efforts of their service people could hardly be construed as glorifying it and why would you care anyway?

As to this thread in general, storm in a teacup imo and another media beat up but I have to laugh at this sepo marine bitching about what Aussie women wear and insisting they cover up when he's busy fighting for Muslim women to have the freedom to dress just like the sheilas.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:29 PM

70 posts, read 174,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelaldo View Post

A lifestyle that affords you the freedom to write that; oh the irony.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:56 PM

2,421 posts, read 6,954,900 times
Who's glorifying Military Service? This is a thread about one Marine's comments and whether people agree with him or not?

Last edited by Kangaroofarmer; 01-12-2010 at 05:12 PM..

Old 01-13-2010, 06:07 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroofarmer View Post
Who's glorifying Military Service? This is a thread about one Marine's comments and whether people agree with him or not?
I agree, people always have to generalise and talk about the hot button topics.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:40 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Got back about a week ago from Perth and thereabouts....and my wife and I both thought that women DO dress a little....oddly there.

I made the comment after a few days that it appeared that quite a few women were in imminent danger of dropping a boob out of their tops.

Now while this in and of itself isn't terrible,some of the women simply should have used a mirror BEFORE dressing.

Another point, it seemed that women in general were a little more 'endowed' there than here,at least naturally.

I also understand it IS Summer and quite hot.

Most Marines I know would have liked women 'flaunting it'.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:45 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times
It's a good thing you didn't go to Africa.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:03 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
I went 'home' for a visit actually.

Here in the USA, women also have a problem 'flaunting it',sadly most of the time they shouldn't be....

It is never nice to have what appears to be three boobs,two in the regular position and one down around your stomach.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:26 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,005 times
Surprising, most US Marines I knew were more than happy to see an attractive lass with little on.
This bloke must be gay, only explanation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand