Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 03:04 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by builder24car View Post
I have a strong feeling Jr will win the Daytona 500.

*whistles innocently*
I swear if that man wins I'm done with Nascar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 04:37 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
I don't care who wins as long as he's driving for the General. Gotta keep them Fords outta victory lane.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:18 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,872,464 times
Even ESPN is getting in on the conspiracy thing. Kinda seems like the old 'biting the hand that feeds them' thing.

Sirius-Speedway.com: The Worldwide Leader In (Most) Sports

What kind of moron would believe a race could be fixed anyway?

Old 02-16-2011, 10:07 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Even ESPN is getting in on the conspiracy thing. Kinda seems like the old 'biting the hand that feeds them' thing.

Sirius-Speedway.com: The Worldwide Leader In (Most) Sports

What kind of moron would believe a race could be fixed anyway?
I never thought about conspiracy for qualifiing as hendrick does well there and had the pole and second place last year if I'm correct.

but was there not a race at Daytona recently where Jr. basically cruised to the finish, maybe it was the second race in the summer at Daytona. But people were talking then. And with this being the 10th anniversary....

regarding letting their "personalities" bash the sport, welcome to the club, it's that same way for soccer as well. Even Jim ROme, noted soccer basher, has come around on NASCAR but will still bash soccer so I think NASCAR has it better than soccer. Their personalities mispronounce soccer players (and hockey players) names all the time. It's really nothing new. When they lost the contract to show NHL games they suddenly curtailed their hockey highlights with lightning speed. ESPN is a joke and has been for like 15 years now.

espn has the rights to the world cup, uefa champions league, euros, all major US mens and womens games, MLS and more on espn3 like soccer from Italy, Netherlands, spain, germany, portugal etc. but still allows their "personalities" to make fun of the sport. It says more about espn than anything really.

in the interweb age there are sooo many differnet sources for 411 about your choosen sport just go somewhere else. why people who are serious fans of their sport even go and try to find info at espn is silly IMO.

you should hear Kornheiser and wilbon et al talk about soccer or hockey. It funny really when you actually follow the game and know how wrong they are. I wish they'd just stick to what they know, baseball, football, and basketball. But really, should a serious fan really care what they have to say? they clearly know very little.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:07 AM

179 posts, read 289,611 times
Jr. will win, its good for business.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:25 PM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I swear if that man wins I'm done with Nascar.
Why?

Old 02-16-2011, 02:18 PM

So much for the conspiracy. Starting out back now.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:24 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,914,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
So much for the conspiracy. Starting out back now.
I almost don't want to see him win because of the vocal yokels who will spend their last words trying to discredit the guy.

Let's go racing: 88, 14, 29!!!

Old 02-17-2011, 07:12 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I almost don't want to see him win because of the vocal yokels who will spend their last words trying to discredit the guy.

Let's go racing: 88, 24, 48!!!
There will always be conspiracy theorists, heck there are a couple in this forum.

I was reading where it was a conspiracy that NASCAR "let" Jr win the Pole. Now that he wrecked, I've heard it was a conspiracy that NASCAR "made" him wreck to cancel the earlier conspiracy. So now if he wins the 500, will it cancel the wreck conspiracy?

It is very humorous though....

I hope Jr does win...it will make some good fodder for a while!

Old 02-17-2011, 07:34 AM

Do you think getting everyone to talk about a conspiracy could be a conspiracy itself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing