Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 04:00 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times

Advertisements

so toyota is winning races, big deal. they do build cars here in the US you know. peresonally i think that any manufacturer that sells cars here in the US, should race the cars they sell in the US, especially if they manufacture the cars here also. i would love to get back to the old days of nascar where there were several makes on the track not just three or four.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 04:12 PM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so toyota is winning races, big deal. they do build cars here in the US you know. peresonally i think that any manufacturer that sells cars here in the US, should race the cars they sell in the US, especially if they manufacture the cars here also. i would love to get back to the old days of nascar where there were several makes on the track not just three or four.
The point is that Toyota spends a ton more money to win than either Ford or GM.

If the Japanese completely dominate NASCAR like they did Indy car. The fans will be gone just like they are in Indy Car.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:57 PM

749 posts, read 2,438,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Really?

2010 Michigan winner - #11-Denny Hamlin, 156.386, started 7th

2010 Chicago winner - #00-David Reutimann, 145.138mph, started 7th
And Vickers @ MIS in 09, Kyle @ Chicago in 08. Last 22 races at MIS and Chicago, Ford and Chevy have Toyota beat 14-4.....Dodge won 4. A Cup Toyota has never won Indy and with the exception of a couple of Gatorade Duel wins by Kyle and Denny and a Coke 400 win by Kyle in 08, Toyota in Cup hasn't done much of squat at Daytona.

Check out this site, it has some good stat info www.driveraverages.com:

Old 05-03-2011, 07:03 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,873,875 times
If you're looking for stats and the latest news, go here and look around: Jayski's® NASCAR Sprint Cup Silly Season Site

Old 05-04-2011, 10:16 AM

749 posts, read 2,438,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
If you're looking for stats and the latest news, go here and look around: Jayski's® NASCAR Sprint Cup Silly Season Site
Yeah , I read jayski's once in awhile. I also like Racing News Digest, they break it down and provide a lot of stats when it comes to how Cup stars have performed in Busch/Nationwide and trucks.

I forgot all about David's win last year at Chicago and he's our hometown hero of sorts with Zephryhills just 40 or so miles down the road from where I live.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:16 AM

Carl wins All star Race
OOOP's Carl did it again. But in fairness Kyle he did not cry about running second.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:37 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,497,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
First three cars are Toyota, I guess those Japs know more about building small block V-8's than Chevy or Ford?
Seems to me NASCAR was warned aummbout letting Japanese companies getting into NASCAR.

First they dominated Indy car. Then they dominated Truck racing, then Nationwide and now they are looking to dominate Sprint Cup.

Not taking anything away from Bush, Hamlin or Kane as they are all good drivers.
But if you don't think the Japs are trying to dominate the Americans at their own game you are clearly mistaken.

Ummmm yeah, isnt that the POINT of racing, to beat the other guy...... wtf again....

And... I don't see too many "japs" working at the trd cup program, in n.c. or sothern cali.

Full time racist are you??

Old 05-22-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Ummmm yeah, isnt that the POINT of racing, to beat the other guy...... wtf again....

And... I don't see too many "japs" working at the trd cup program, in n.c. or sothern cali.

Full time racist are you??

My feelings against Japanese car in NASCAR has nothing to do about race. It has everything to do about the Japanese stopping at nothing to dominate motorsports here in the USA.

In case you didn't notice every single car in the INDY 500 is Honda powered.

Take notice how many more vehicles in truck, Nationwide and Cup are Japanese powered.

Ford dropped out of supporting Truck racing because they could not afford to offer support to former teams.

We have a Japanese car in our family so I am not against Japanese cars or Japanese people.

Go stick your racist comments UYA

Old 05-22-2011, 01:43 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,497,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
My feelings against Japanese car in NASCAR has nothing to do about race. It has everything to do about the Japanese stopping at nothing to dominate motorsports here in the USA.

In case you didn't notice every single car in the INDY 500 is Honda powered.

Take notice how many more vehicles in truck, Nationwide and Cup are Japanese powered.

Ford dropped out of supporting Truck racing because they could not afford to offer support to former teams.

We have a Japanese car in our family so I am not against Japanese cars or Japanese people.

Go stick your racist comments UYA
No manufacter has an unfair advantage. If anyone wants to step up and beat Toyota, do it, stop whining. If anyone wants to join Honda in Indy car, go ahead, some are next year as a matter a fact. Stop whining bout how good the competition the competition is and get to work.

And many Japenese people feel the same about the word "japs" as many blacks/african american feel anout the "n word". THAT makes you sound like a racist in your previous post.... so you can shove it back UYA. :-*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing