Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 07:02 AM

3,804 posts, read 4,018,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelStateNative View Post
Yeah the tuck my tail between my legs move worked to perfection.
I think Kyle was going by Sun Tzu's advice in The Art of War; He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 07:47 AM

9,400 posts, read 9,686,797 times
I really enjoy seeing Kyle race. He is one of the most talented on the track by far.

But Kyle almost ended his career Saturday night. Had the 29 car rolled into an unsuspecting crew member and injured or killed that person, Kyle would not only have lost his NASCAR license forever, he may have ended up in prison.

If I was NASCAR, I would suspend him for one race for those antics. Everything leading up to that point was "have at it" racing and it was entertaining. I would have rather seen Kyle get out of the car and duke it out. Both Kyle and Harvick would have gotten a slap on the wrist or possibly a slight infraction.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:50 AM

Kudo's to Reagan Smith for winning the race. It's refreshing and exciting to see someone new win their first race. It's been a good year so far for first timers, like Trevor Bayne and now Reagan. That should encourage some more of the smaller teams that haven't won a race yet.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:54 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,809,217 times
Weird how this incident involved the two drivers I follow the closest so I'm not sure which side of the fence I'm on.

Here's a reader's response to the writer of an article from a racing site (and not necessarily my opinion)
"How pathetic. You and Harvick are both just pissed that Kyle Busch is a better substitute for the “real” Earnhardt than Harvick ever was."

Congrats to RS

Old 05-09-2011, 10:23 AM

Given what occurred, I would be shocked if NASCAR doesn’t dole out a penalty to Busch. They need to send a message that screwing around in a race car on pit road is not OK.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:34 AM

Well I'm shocked. Both Kyle and Kevin received a $25K fine and 4 weeks of probation. A slap on the wrist.

I don't understand why Kevin was fined since Kyle was the one who wrecked Kevin on the track, then ran into an un-manned car on pit road.

Too bad Kevin didn't pull Kyle out of the car and beat the crap out of him. I'm sure he would have done it for even a $50K fine.

Don't get me wrong, I like it when certain drivers go at it on the track as long as they keep to themselves. But what Kyle did on pit road was over the top. He should have got out of the car and just duked it out with Kevin right there until the officials jumped in and stopped it. I mean for a pitiful $25K fine, you can just about get away with anything short of murder.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:41 AM

26,683 posts, read 41,553,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Well I'm shocked. Both Kyle and Kevin received a $25K fine and 4 weeks of probation. A slap on the wrist.

I don't understand why Kevin was fined since Kyle was the one who wrecked Kevin on the track, then ran into an un-manned car on pit road.

Too bad Kevin didn't pull Kyle out of the car and beat the crap out of him. I'm sure he would have done it for even a $50K fine.

Don't get me wrong, I like it when certain drivers go at it on the track as long as they keep to themselves. But what Kyle did on pit road was over the top. He should have got out of the car and just duked it out with Kevin right there until the officials jumped in and stopped it. I mean for a pitiful $25K fine, you can just about get away with anything short of murder.
I think Kevin got fined b/c of past history and he was looking to punch Busch. Kyle got off way too easy. At the least he should be on probation for the season and fined more.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:07 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,310,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I think Kevin got fined b/c of past history and he was looking to punch Busch. Kyle got off way too easy. At the least he should be on probation for the season and fined more.
Kyle is the new Earnhardt Sr. No way is NASCAR going to punish him excessively.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:23 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,679,426 times
It'll be a cold day in hell when KB is the new Earnhardt Sr. Dream on man...dream on...

Old 05-11-2011, 02:44 PM

619 posts, read 1,606,575 times
My question is why didn't Newman and Montoya get a fine and/or probation for their episode the week before? Newman was going after Juan after the race in the garage area..Granted, no one got their car pushed out of the way i nto a crowd, but the "rumor" is one took a swing at the other in the Nascar hauler before Darlington.

Now, i don't like Harvick or Bush, but i dislike Bush more..Can't say i blame Harvick one bit for getting after Bush after the race, but do you really expect Bush to climb out of his car? Kevin had the upper hand, he was already out of his car and heading towards Bushs car..By the time Kyle got out, Kevin would be three punches into it...Kevin is going to mess with the wrong driver one day, and he will get his bell rung... he is a hot-head...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing