Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 06:53 AM

621 posts, read 1,614,395 times

Advertisements

It will be interesting to see if NASCAR or JGR will pass down any punishment. My biggest problem was he was going this fast on a public road. Even if he can handle a car at that speed, there are other people on the road. You never know what another car will do, turn without a blinker, let alone, have a kid run out in the steet after a ball, whatever. I don't know how residental the area is, just thinking out loud. Glad nothing tragic happened... just use your brain Kyle..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 07:09 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,297,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird2000 View Post
It will be interesting to see if NASCAR or JGR will pass down any punishment. My biggest problem was he was going this fast on a public road. Even if he can handle a car at that speed, there are other people on the road. You never know what another car will do, turn without a blinker, let alone, have a kid run out in the steet after a ball, whatever. I don't know how residental the area is, just thinking out loud. Glad nothing tragic happened... just use your brain Kyle..
I agree. I know the road, lots of sharp curves and there really isn't a place to go that speed so it wasn't very smart Like you though I'm just glad no one was hurt. I also agree- come on Kyle--

Old 05-25-2011, 07:24 AM

36,411 posts, read 16,018,728 times
Fan or no fan, he shouldn't have been driving like that on a rural 2 lane road~~on his way to see his fans, you know kids too, kids that just got their driver's license I think it was a stupid thing to do!!

Old 05-25-2011, 07:26 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,377,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
True... but there were no reports of him chasing a Ford driver!

Here's another article with more detail; this one from from the local paper:
Kyle Busch cited for 128 in a 45 mph zone | Statesville Record & Landmark

I have to admit that's a pretty cool looking Lexus he was driving.
Sorry I miss read your post. I owe you some reps.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:36 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,377,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
And moved on to worshiping Edwards.
Perhaps since I am a Carl worshiper along with a fan of Biffell, Regan, JR, Gordon and a few others perhaps you can clue me on to some of the drivers I should dislike because it seems if you like certain drivers it is only normal to hate some other drivers. I don't quite get it but that seems to be a common occurrence among some fans.

Of course there are the Jack Roush haters because Jack has ruined the sport for some people. I don't get that either.

NASCAR Fan, not a driver hater.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:15 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,076,380 times
Looking at the map where he was cited, who wouldn't try that in a car like he had. There is hardly anything out there.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/...=nascar-wp1502

Old 05-25-2011, 01:07 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,556,392 times
Some more details:
Why Was Kyle Busch Allowed To Keep License After Speeding Ticket? | digtriad.com

Obviously I was wrong about him not being clocked.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:20 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,865,188 times
Maybe he had a load of white lightnin' in the trunk and was just trying to get back to NASCAR's roots.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:34 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,865,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Perhaps since I am a Carl worshiper along with a fan of Biffell, Regan, JR, Gordon and a few others perhaps you can clue me on to some of the drivers I should dislike because it seems if you like certain drivers it is only normal to hate some other drivers. I don't quite get it but that seems to be a common occurrence among some fans.

Of course there are the Jack Roush haters because Jack has ruined the sport for some people. I don't get that either.

NASCAR Fan, not a driver hater.
Why do you feel the need to dislike other drivers?

And just how did an average car owner ruin the sport for some people?

Old 05-25-2011, 01:52 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,297,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Looking at the map where he was cited, who wouldn't try that in a car like he had. There is hardly anything out there.

Kyle Busch flagged for driving 128 mph … in a 45-mph zone - From the Marbles - NASCAR*Blog - Yahoo! Sports
I think many of us have had our speeding incidents at one time or another. Maybe I am just getting older but we drive this exact route all the time to DH's sons home in Troutman and it may not look like there is nothing there but there are things around there and the road is narrow and winding. The traffic is at times pretty heavy too. I've driven mountain roads in CA like a crazy person--thank God I grew up without any tragadies! I certainly am not one to judge. I just hope this is a good lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing