Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 08:31 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times

Advertisements

Well, I agree with the weekend off punishment. I don't agree with losing his ride or his sponsor. I definitely don't believe the events at Martinsville dictated the action by Nascar at Texas.

It's obvious the boy has alot of maturing to do. Maybe he will... maybe he won't. I think he should get one or two more "third strikes" before any drastic action is considered.

I'd sure hate to see the talent wasted, but Nascar DOES NOT need a T.O. as another poster stated above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 01:37 AM

890 posts, read 1,849,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I'd sure hate to see the talent wasted, but Nascar DOES NOT need a T.O. as another poster stated above.
There's a lot of talent being "wasted" away on the short track circuit that could easily replace him....and appreciate it.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:45 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Which front line owner would hire Kyle Bush?
It's pretty obvious to anyone that there would be no front line owner that is going to hire Kyle. Hendrick, Rosch and Childress have no room (plus they would not hire him anyway.

But there are some low level groups that would love to have Kyle, baggage and all. Plus I realize that Mars is a squeaky clean corporate sponsor, but there are sponsors out there that would take a chance with 'the new' Kyle.

Plus if Mars does force JGR to dump Kyle..who will fill his place? There are some good Nationwide drivers out there that would love to have a chance to drive the 18 car, but don't expect them to have the camera time Mars gets from Kyle...and that my friends, is what NASCAR sponsorship is all about.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I don't recall people in an outrage over Edwards sending Brad into the fence airborne at Atlanta, and turning him in front of the field at Iowa. But Edwards is a nice guy and does flips and runs into the crowd after a win. Then there was the 31 taking Gordon out under caution at Texas last year, with Burton saying that the sun was in his eyes. I understand there is a history with the Shrub, and what he did was a bit overboard, but let's not get too carried away with the dropping of sponsership, or sitting him down the rest of this year.
actually there was a fair amount of outrage against edwards for a while. but there was also a fair amount of outrage against brad k as well which tended to temper the outrage against edwards.

and dont forget that carl generally tries to avoid the kind of driving that kyle tends to do. i am not saying that carl is an angel, he has had issues with other drivers on the track, but he does at least go to those drivers and work things out eventually. remember a few years ago when edwards and harvick had a feud going? they got together and worked it out, as did carl and matt, and brad k, and others.

as for kyle, i dont necessarily want to see him cast out of nascar racing, he provides some good competition, but what he needs is a car owner like junior johnson was. junionr would take kyle out to the woodshed and give him an old fashioned butt whipping, and then put him back on the track.

hopefully kyle will start to mature as a driver and as a person, and things like this will become part of his past.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:42 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,138,473 times
For anyone defending Kryle, this isn't just a result of "have at it" or an isolated incedent.

1) He turns Edwards after the checkers a few years back at Bristol.
2) A Nascar official has to jump out of the way as Kyle hits Vickers parked pit road car way after the checkers at Nationwide race a few years back.
3) He turns Harvick on pit road with people standing around way after the checkers this year.

NASCAR is going to keep wrist slapping this idiot until someone get's killed.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:01 PM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
For anyone defending Kryle, this isn't just a result of "have at it" or an isolated incedent.

3) He turns Harvick on pit road with people standing around way after the checkers this year.

Those "people" would not have been there if unHappy had not waited for his crew to show up before he got out of his car.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:45 PM

239 posts, read 355,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Those "people" would not have been there if unHappy had not waited for his crew to show up before he got out of his car.
He didnt wait for his crew to punch the scrubber in face.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:38 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
Rumor has it Mars wants Kyle parked the rest of this season and said they'd see him at Daytona!

Old 11-10-2011, 06:23 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelStateNative View Post
He didnt wait for his crew to punch the scrubber in face.
Oh, but he did. He waited for his big gas man to get there. Harvick is a punka$$.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:05 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post

1) He turns Edwards after the checkers a few years back at Bristol.
2) A Nascar official has to jump out of the way as Kyle hits Vickers parked pit road car way after the checkers at Nationwide race a few years back.

Forget it Buzz... If people are actually trying to defend Shrub through this latest incident, I guess they'll never process the big picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing