Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2013, 02:02 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
someone else that did pretty well in the race considering, was danica. she started 35th and finished 20th.
You mean she finished a non-plate race? In all seriousness, she needs to start compiling these top 20s, otherwise she'll be the highest paid start-n-park driver.

In other news Vickers is out for the season.

Quote:
Brian Vickers will miss the remainder of the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup season due to health issues resulting from blood clots.

Vickers was placed on blood thinning medication following a Monday morning examination where doctors discovered a small clot in his right leg.

The medication will force Vickers out of the No. 55 Aaron’s Toyota effective immediately.

“If there’s anything to be positive about with today’s news it’s that this is only a temporary setback,” said Vickers. “The timing for this is never good, but I’m glad we’ll get it out of the way now and be ready to run for a championship with the Aaron’s Dream Machine in 2014.”

Vickers has three career Sprint Cup wins, the most recently at New Hampshire on July 14.

Earlier this season, Vickers shared the ride with Mark Martin, but following the veteran’s departure to Stewart Haas Racing in August, was announced as the full-time driver of the team for next season but took over the driver’s seat full-time. In August, Vickers was also named the Aaron’s driver for 2014.

Vickers' condition was originally discovered in May 2010 while driving for Red Bull Racing. He took a medical leave following the 11th race of the year then returned for the full 2011 season. His condition has been monitored ever since.

Vickers was expected to participate in a NASCAR test at Charlotte Motor Speedway Monday morning. Brett Moffitt is standing by for the test.

Scott Miller, crew chief for the No. 55 Toyota says Vickers absence “is unfortunate for us all.”
Sad to hear Vickers' issue has reared its ugly head again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 03:48 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,823,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
At least with a non-chaser winning, it keeps the top five in the Chase within reach of each other. 'Dega will most likely narrow the field down to three drivers.
A 5-man race is better than a 3-man race at least for me. I can't wait for Talladega! Anything can happen there. Maybe another Non-Chaser will win! I think if someone pulls out way ahead it will be boring the final few weeks.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:39 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,582,113 times
I really hope Jeff Gordon can pull off a 5th championship, but I doubt it will happen.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:24 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
At least with a non-chaser winning, it keeps the top five in the Chase within reach of each other. 'Dega will most likely narrow the field down to three drivers.
or it might expand the field, you never know what will happen at a plate race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You mean she finished a non-plate race? In all seriousness, she needs to start compiling these top 20s, otherwise she'll be the highest paid start-n-park driver.
shes not a start and park driver, in fact she generally finishes above where she qualifies. check the record.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
shes not a start and park driver, in fact she generally finishes above where she qualifies. check the record.
The comment was that she ends up performing like one when she ends up 25 or lower.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:50 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The comment was that she ends up performing like one when she ends up 25 or lower.
and yet she still finished higher than she starts on a regular basis.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
and yet she still finished higher than she starts on a regular basis.
yeah partially because of start and parkers. She has a VERY good crew chief and good quality cars. She should finish in the low 20's regularly, not only get a handful of them. When you are in a HMS car (which SHR cars basically are) you should be able to finish better than just in front of Front Rows, start-n-parks, JTG and Burton.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:37 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,809,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
A 5-man race is better than a 3-man race at least for me. I can't wait for Talladega! Anything can happen there. Maybe another Non-Chaser will win! I think if someone pulls out way ahead it will be boring the final few weeks.
It would really help NASCAR if there were 4 - 5 drivers going down to the wire at Homestead. Kenseth and Johnson will need to have a bad race each for the other three to really catch up and make it interesting.

I'm still rooting for Gordon for his 5th.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:46 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,823,501 times
Quote:
It would really help NASCAR if there were 4 - 5 drivers going down to the wire at Homestead. Kenseth and Johnson will need to have a bad race each for the other three to really catch up and make it interesting.

I'm still rooting for Gordon for his 5th.
Talladega was not as exciting as I hoped it would be. Seemed like everyone was playing it safe. Finally some racing at the last lap and then the caution and the race was frozen. I need 5 hours of my life back. I skipped watching my Chargers thinking this race would be awesome, (but they were playing the Jags, so not such a sacrifice). I think I saw 30 seconds of racing in those five hours. Well no major wrecks which I guess was good, but boring for fans.

I was waiting for Jr. to take it home, at least he came in second.

Now JJ is in the lead, and I think it is still a five man race. I hope Jr. and Jeff Gordon still have a shot.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:01 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
I really don't care for the idea of a Chase with ten drivers .Its become too much a exhibition rce system. In time it will become more and more a exhabtion with managed racing like F1 has become. The fast most advanced car in the world limit by tires not able to be raced to the limit and passing by boost in speed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing