Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 05:18 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,583,146 times

Advertisements

^lol agreed. I can't believe Danica won the pole. Now unfortunately that's all I'll be hearing about this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 05:35 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Tony has caused two major crashes in the past year that has ruined the race for a lot of high profile drivers. Twice he has tried to put the car in a space that did not exist. I think Tony needs to visit the optometrist.
Riiiight, because he is the only one who causes a wreck.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:30 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,890 times
I too was unimpressed by the Shootout, I mean Unlimited. Most of that can be contributed to the fact that Jr spent most of the race riding around in the back... the one time he tried to get up near the front, he got rubbed a little by Stewart and that might have affected his car but I don't think it kept him from winning.. I don't think he had the car for that.

The racing for the first 2 segments was pretty good but most of the drivers got content in the 3rd segment to simply ride around, hold their spot and wait for the final lap to make a move.. now that was boring.. nobody in the top 5 or 6 were willing to move out of line until the 4th corner on the last lap.. TOO LATE! blah.. I was happy to see Harvick win....

Old 02-18-2013, 10:25 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,859,987 times
I thought it was pretty boring. The end was the typical blocking move that needs to be addressed - as in Harvick should have been spun out for zig zagging across the track - or better yet Nascar needs to stop that move. It's utter non-sense.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:06 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Riiiight, because he is the only one who causes a wreck.
They were rookie mistakes but because he is Tony Stuart he gets a pass from the press and his fan.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
They were rookie mistakes but because he is Tony Stuart he gets a pass from the press and his fan.
..........and the fact the two drivers who actually were involved in the incident had the skill to drive on while Mr. 5 time piled everyone up.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
I thought it was pretty boring. The end was the typical blocking move that needs to be addressed - as in Harvick should have been spun out for zig zagging across the track - or better yet Nascar needs to stop that move. It's utter non-sense.
I don't have an issue with blocking in the FINAL stretch on the LAST LAP, nothing wrong with that. This aint drag racing and you don't have to stay in your lanes... I thought Biff should have started his move LONG before the 4th corner and then he would have forced Harvick to block him and then likely drop back down to block another.. hindsight is of course 20/20...

Old 02-20-2013, 09:40 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,859,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I don't have an issue with blocking in the FINAL stretch on the LAST LAP, nothing wrong with that. This aint drag racing and you don't have to stay in your lanes... I thought Biff should have started his move LONG before the 4th corner and then he would have forced Harvick to block him and then likely drop back down to block another.. hindsight is of course 20/20...
I have no issue with making a counter move to a pass attempt, but back and forth is too much. It should be one counter move then race. But yeah, Biff waited a bit too long. Probably hard to judge these new cars yet.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:07 PM

agreed, weaving back and forth on the track to block is silly but in most cases, doesn't work anyway. I didn't notice the 2nd block only the initial slide up high to block which I expected and by then it was TOO LATE For Biff... Harvick may have slid back down to block more but that was probably unnecessary..

Old 02-20-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
agreed, weaving back and forth on the track to block is silly but in most cases, doesn't work anyway. I didn't notice the 2nd block only the initial slide up high to block which I expected and by then it was TOO LATE For Biff... Harvick may have slid back down to block more but that was probably unnecessary..
Before the start of the race Stewart said he didn't think a turn 4, last moment pass on the front stretch was going to get it done and he was right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing