Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 01:23 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,577,825 times

Advertisements

Seems Mercedes just got a slap on the wrist for that test.

http://m.si.com/3081879/f1-reprimand...-tire-testing/

Looks like Ross Brawn will still have a job too. For now anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 09:38 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,359,324 times
I'm glad the FIA admitted that they gained an advantage from testing but I'm not surprised at the outcome.

Mark Webber just signed a deal with Porsche to race in Le Mans 24 hours and the sports car World Endurance Championship starting in 2014. I'm not surprised he is leaving Formula 1, he's been acting like it was his last season in interviews. I think it was in Monaco where he talked about how he was close to being done.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I'm glad the FIA admitted that they gained an advantage from testing but I'm not surprised at the outcome.

Mark Webber just signed a deal with Porsche to race in Le Mans 24 hours and the sports car World Endurance Championship starting in 2014. I'm not surprised he is leaving Formula 1, he's been acting like it was his last season in interviews. I think it was in Monaco where he talked about how he was close to being done.
Well I'm still not convinced they did gain any advantage. Monaco is hardly a tell tale and same for Canada. I still think the next few rounds will be the real answer.

Yeh kinda saw that one coming with Mark. I was actually surprised he even raced this season. Wonder who will be next to Vettel next season. Rumours have been flying about Kimi since the last couple of races.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
I have to admit that for some reason I though Silverstone was this weekend. I have been crushed that it's not! My dad grew up in Zimbabwe and his dad was British so I grew up eating English food. I have an entire meal planned for this one with all my favorites.
Your father was a neighbour to me.
I grew up in South Africa.

Pie and chips or bangers and mash for lunch? Lol

Old 06-27-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Well I'm still not convinced they did gain any advantage. Monaco is hardly a tell tale and same for Canada. I still think the next few rounds will be the real answer.

Yeh kinda saw that one coming with Mark. I was actually surprised he even raced this season. Wonder who will be next to Vettel next season. Rumours have been flying about Kimi since the last couple of races.
I just don't see how they couldn't have gained even a minimal benefit. They tested tires with their current vehicle during the season, even if it's just data they gained that's an advantage that no other team has had this season.

I think Kimi and Vettel could work, but then I think it might be a nightmare as well. Kimi has proven he still has the ability to win another championship but Vettel is the golden boy. I actually think Nico Hulkenberg may not be a bad choice. I think he's got a lot of talent but has never raced for a team with a decent car. I also think he's not going to be on the same competitive level as Vettel is when he first starts.

But I've heard the rumors that Lotus may not be able to afford to keep Kimi and it would be a good move for him to go to Red Bull.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Your father was a neighbour to me.
I grew up in South Africa.

Pie and chips or bangers and mash for lunch? Lol
Roast and yorkshire pudding. I love yorkshire pudding, though bangers and mash was a close second.

I'm also making a desert that I haven't ever found an actual recipe for anywhere. I don't know if my grandma just made it up (she owned a bakery), but it layers Bird's custard, sweetened condensed milk with a bit of lemon juice, and Lorna Doone cookies. You put it in the fridge overnight so the cookies become soft. It's so good!

I hate when I go to a restaurant here and they have "chips" on the menu and it turns out to be fries. And then they have no malt vinegar on top of that! My husband actually keeps a stash of malt vinegar and custard powder for me lol.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:16 PM

983 posts, read 1,633,759 times
Quote:

Kimi in a Red Bull would be awesome. Would also settle the "How good is Vettel" questions.

The alternatives are basically Ricciardo and Vergne. Vergne has been impressive in the last couple of races, but I think Ricciardo has had the upper hand so far, especially in qualy.

===

Mark will do great in WEC. More relaxed environment and very good racers in the series. Another reason to follow Le Mans next year.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:13 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,817,826 times
At least the rest of the season should still go well for Red Bull and Mark Webber. Unlike the switch that Lewis Hamilton did, from McLaren to Mercedes, Webber isn't moving on to a competitor that he could potentially share confidential info with. So while Webber might not get the absolute best equipment every race, Red Bull is still going to be providing him the best car they can for constructor's championship points.

Maybe.

As for who at Red Bull - I'd like to see one of the up-and-coming drivers and not the usual top 5 suspects. Verne or Ricciardo, the Toro Rosso drivers, seem like the likely picks. The spouse votes for a massive bidding war for Alonso, but I am not sure I even want to see that. My picks would actually be Sutil or Hulkenberg - sorry, boys, I probably just cursed you.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Roast and yorkshire pudding. I love yorkshire pudding, though bangers and mash was a close second.

I'm also making a desert that I haven't ever found an actual recipe for anywhere. I don't know if my grandma just made it up (she owned a bakery), but it layers Bird's custard, sweetened condensed milk with a bit of lemon juice, and Lorna Doone cookies. You put it in the fridge overnight so the cookies become soft. It's so good!

I hate when I go to a restaurant here and they have "chips" on the menu and it turns out to be fries. And then they have no malt vinegar on top of that! My husband actually keeps a stash of malt vinegar and custard powder for me lol.
Haha. Nice!

Old 06-27-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
Kimi in a Red Bull would be awesome. Would also settle the "How good is Vettel" questions.

The alternatives are basically Ricciardo and Vergne. Vergne has been impressive in the last couple of races, but I think Ricciardo has had the upper hand so far, especially in qualy.

===

Mark will do great in WEC. More relaxed environment and very good racers in the series. Another reason to follow Le Mans next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
At least the rest of the season should still go well for Red Bull and Mark Webber. Unlike the switch that Lewis Hamilton did, from McLaren to Mercedes, Webber isn't moving on to a competitor that he could potentially share confidential info with. So while Webber might not get the absolute best equipment every race, Red Bull is still going to be providing him the best car they can for constructor's championship points.

Maybe.

As for who at Red Bull - I'd like to see one of the up-and-coming drivers and not the usual top 5 suspects. Verne or Ricciardo, the Toro Rosso drivers, seem like the likely picks. The spouse votes for a massive bidding war for Alonso, but I am not sure I even want to see that. My picks would actually be Sutil or Hulkenberg - sorry, boys, I probably just cursed you.
Agree with both these.
I also think the Toro Rosso drivers would stand a good chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing