Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 12:33 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
It was Will Buxton. I wouldn't see the point of him moving back to Ferrari, honestly Lotus is doing almost as well as Ferrari as far as Constructors points go and I honestly think the Lotus car might actually be better than Ferrari's. But then we have to look at what happens next year when everything changes. Oh, and that Lotus might not be able to afford Kimi.

I read an article on how Vettel was actually OK with having Kimi as a teammate.

Sebastian Vettel would've welcomed Kimi Raikkonen at Red Bull - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

It's too bad, I would have enjoyed seeing it as well.

I cannot stand Maldonado. I think it was last year when he had caused multiple wrecks/damage to vehicles and was never really punished for it. I remember seeing other drivers do minor things and getting huge penalties and watching as Maldonado took drivers out of racers with his awful driving and he was slapped on the wrist at most. He drove really dangerously last year, I don't want to see him in a better car.
Thanks lisan23.

Agree with both your first and last paragraphs.
Lotus is doing just as good as Ferrari. If I was Kimi, I'd wait at least one more season to see how the cars do next year.

Pretty surprising about Vettel being ok with Kimi. Then again, Mark is good too. Just horrible luck. Would be nice to see Kimi in the RB.

Maldonado is one driver I never really cared for either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 01:29 PM

Damn. That was a great Qualifying session. Very exciting.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:53 PM

Little over 3 hours to go.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:01 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,095 times
Just got done watching qualifying, it was fantastic. I can't wait for the race!

Old 08-25-2013, 10:32 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,185,741 times
Yawn! This was one of the most boring races this season. I feel sorry for Kimi. He is no longer Mr. Consistency I would like to see him in Ferrari next year.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:04 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,823,925 times
Odd, I didn't think it was boring at all - of course, I tend to focus on drivers out of the consistent top 6 anyway, to see who the up-and-coming will be. I love to watch the Sauber and Force India teams in particular.

I think the thing that Mark Webber will miss least in F1 (even less than Sebastian Vettel) is the standing start. Whatever the reasons are, his starts are consistently terrible. All the hard work he does in qualifying he loses in the first 2 seconds of the race. I know there are legions of conspiracy theorists out there who think he is being sabotaged by the team, but I don't believe that for a moment - race outcomes are too dicey and there is WAY too much money at stake for that kind of nonsense.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:58 PM

I think it was somewhat boring too. Not the worst this season though.

Very surprising result by Alonso. Very nice drive by him. Very good drive by the Mercedes boys and Button too.
Sucks that Di Resta and Kimi had DNFs.

But I gotta give Vettel his dues. Outstanding drive by him.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:09 PM

No announcement for the RB seat though. But I did notice a big grin and a very happy Ricciardo after the race during a interview in F1 Extra. Bob Varsha noticed it too.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:14 PM

245 posts, read 298,385 times
First half of the race was good and the second half was boring. It is the most boring SPA I have ever watched.

Positives: Vettel, Alonso and Button
Negatives: Maldonado should be banned at least a race, Di Resta and Raikonnen DNF's
Monza is the last chance for Ferrari to do any result this season because the next Asian races will be dominated by Vettel like each year.
NBC coverage is terrible like every 5 min they get a commercial break. This is not NASCAR If I want to watch highlight Ill watch the race edit released by FOM after each race. Univision has the best coverage without commercials but it is a Spanish channel and they only bring the race. Another thing NBC has 5 extra channels in HD why don't they bring all the practice, qualify, supporting events (GP2, GP3, ...) Live on the extra channels if it is conflicting with their schedule on NBC Sports like the premier league?

Old 08-25-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mos1992 View Post
First half of the race was good and the second half was boring. It is the most boring SPA I have ever watched.

Positives: Vettel, Alonso and Button
Negatives: Maldonado should be banned at least a race, Di Resta and Raikonnen DNF's
Monza is the last chance for Ferrari to do any result this season because the next Asian races will be dominated by Vettel like each year.
NBC coverage is terrible like every 5 min they get a commercial break. This is not NASCAR If I want to watch highlight Ill watch the race edit released by FOM after each race. Univision has the best coverage without commercials but it is a Spanish channel and they only bring the race. Another thing NBC has 5 extra channels in HD why don't they bring all the practice, qualify, supporting events (GP2, GP3, ...) Live on the extra channels if it is conflicting with their schedule on NBC Sports like the premier league?
Agreed.
That was a pretty stupid move by Maldonado.

But yes, I also noticed a lot more commercials this race. Was pretty annoyed. We should all email them and ask that this doesn't continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing