Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 05:55 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
The obvious choice to drive the #11, assuming Denny misses any races, is Elliott Sadler.
Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 07:07 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,496,086 times
Quote:
The obvious choice to drive the #11, assuming Denny misses any races, is Elliott Sadler.

He'll be missing some races alright. He'll have a hard time gettin in and out of a street car seat for a couple weeks I bet. Nevermind getting strapped into a racecar.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:55 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,004,714 times
It is really too bad that Hamllin got hurt, but that was just some hard racing between the two of them. They have had a war of words going on for weeks, and neither wanted to let the other win.

Hamlin's injury should be bring back the debate about track safety and lack of full coverage of safer-barriers again too (as it did a couple years ago when Gordon got hurt hitting a cement wall hard in the infield).

Stewart seems to be overreacting too. So Logano sort of blocked you. Like smoke would never block or spin somebody to hold the lead for a win....

Old 03-26-2013, 01:24 PM

9,495 posts, read 9,811,110 times
All I can say for Hamilin, it's good that he has an off week to recover. If he misses Martinsville, he will miss the Chase most likely.

I agree with Sadler as the replacement driver. Brian Vickers is another good choice.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
All I can say for Hamilin, it's good that he has an off week to recover. If he misses Martinsville, he will miss the Chase most likely.

I agree with Sadler as the replacement driver. Brian Vickers is another good choice.

If its truely a fracture as theyre saying he'll surely be out for a bit. MAYBE he'll be able to take a green flag and pit for a replacement driver for SOME points in a couple weeks, but no way wil he be able to race for 3+ hours.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:42 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
If its truely a fracture as theyre saying he'll surely be out for a bit. MAYBE he'll be able to take a green flag and pit for a replacement driver for SOME points in a couple weeks, but no way wil he be able to race for 3+ hours.
I was thinking the same thing. He could take the green and then get out at the first caution if not sooner. Then at least he would get no worse than 43rd place points.. better than nothing.. I think its possible for him to miss 1 race/points and still make the chase.. albeit a bit harder but it would be darn near impossible to completely miss 2 races/points or more and still make the chase...

Old 03-26-2013, 02:40 PM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,269 times
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. He could take the green and then get out at the first caution if not sooner. Then at least he would get no worse than 43rd place points.. better than nothing.. I think its possible for him to miss 1 race/points and still make the chase.. albeit a bit harder but it would be darn near impossible to completely miss 2 races/points or more and still make the chase...
He could get in on wins still I believe...........just has to get a few Ws.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:00 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,383,794 times
After reading the F1 thread I'm thinking maybe it was "team orders" that sent Denny Hamlin looking to take out Logano to save the win for Bush. The Coach is a pretty smart owner.

Nah just kidding, let's leave that nonsense to the F1 "Factory Teams"

Since this is a NASCAR thread I don't believe I am bashing F1 fans.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
After reading the F1 thread I'm thinking maybe it was "team orders" that sent Denny Hamlin looking to take out Logano to save the win for Bush. The Coach is a pretty smart owner.

Nah just kidding, let's leave that nonsense to the F1 "Factory Teams"

Since this is a NASCAR thread I don't believe I am bashing F1 fans.
Theres plenty of politics AND team orders in NASCAR. teammates let each other swap positions to get the leading a lap bonus points all the time. Part of driving someone elses car in a multicar team.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:21 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,383,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Theres plenty of politics AND team orders in NASCAR. teammates let each other swap positions to get the leading a lap bonus points all the time. Part of driving someone elses car in a multicar team.
Allowing a team mate to lead for a lap gives them 1 point. Everybody gets to lead a lap every once in a while, even Danica.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing