Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2014, 03:48 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,562,095 times

Advertisements

I doubt the sponsors care. If anything, they're probably glad Mears' and Ambrose's cars will be given more coverage during the race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 06:27 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,633,096 times
Nothing aggravates me more than to see a driver physically push or shove another driver and to have that driver not respond so when I saw Mears physically PUSHING Ambrose and Ambrose came across with a right hook, it tickeled me to no end.

I wish other drivers would respond in kind..you push me or touch me in any aggressive manner, I'm gonna swing.. No doubt Mears will think twice about pushing Marcus again as will a lot of other drivers. I get that they are hot and bothered after the race but to push and shove someone is just candy azz in my opionion. If you want to fight then swing... otherwise ****.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:56 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,311,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Nothing aggravates me more than to see a driver physically push or shove another driver and to have that driver not respond so when I saw Mears physically PUSHING Ambrose and Ambrose came across with a right hook, it tickeled me to no end.

I wish other drivers would respond in kind..you push me or touch me in any aggressive manner, I'm gonna swing.. No doubt Mears will think twice about pushing Marcus again as will a lot of other drivers. I get that they are hot and bothered after the race but to push and shove someone is just candy azz in my opionion. If you want to fight then swing... otherwise ****.
According to the fines handed out it seems NASCAR would rather have a driver NOT defend himself against an aggressor.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:41 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,633,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
According to the fines handed out it seems NASCAR would rather have a driver NOT defend himself against an aggressor.
yes, i noticed that.. Ambrose might be lighter in the pocket but he is higher on the respect LIST, at least mine!

I can only imagine NASCAR fined Ambrose more because he connected, had he swung and missed he probably would have been fined the same as Mears... Personally, I think the physical initiator should get the heavier fine (Mears) not the winner of the fight (Ambrose)! Just because Ambrose isn't gonna take being physically manhandled by someone does not mean that he warrants a big fine.

I agree that you can't have drivers punching each other out but you need to NIP this in the bud by heavily fining the aggressor and not the respondor.. I think NASCAR got this one wrong. They are basically telling drivers, you can push the other guy around if you want but don't ever swing..

Old 04-30-2014, 03:56 PM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post

I think NASCAR got this one wrong. They are basically telling drivers, you can push the other guy around if you want but don't ever swing..
Yes! It's also OK to crash into them after the race has ended causing thousands in car damage but don't be giving anybody a shiner and a bloody lip.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:22 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,551,406 times
That is why NASCAR has rules and fines. Driver developing the wrong public image is worse because they loose sponsors and of course one can always press assault charges when it goes too far as individual.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:27 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,515,809 times
Whatever they were arguing about it was clear Ambrose was finished discussing the matter as he tried to walk away. Mears tried to detain him so he got slugged.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:45 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,551,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
I doubt the sponsors care. If anything, they're probably glad Mears' and Ambrose's cars will be given more coverage during the race.
That is what Kyle and Kurt might have thought too.I think Brad knew he screwed up as soon as he cooled down. Ambrose needs to win not fight;he's getting old and those young guns are coming to take his ride.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:48 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,471,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Yes! It's also OK to crash into them after the race has ended causing thousands in car damage but don't be giving anybody a shiner and a bloody lip.
Another reason every crew member that has to fix the cars that Brad K wrecked AFTER the race should be allowed to put on a 5 minute beat down on Kez..

Old 05-01-2014, 08:23 AM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Another reason every crew member that has to fix the cars that Brad K wrecked AFTER the race should be allowed to put on a 5 minute beat down on Kez..
Pretty sure NASCAR does not care about guys wrecking each others cars. Why else would they have invented restrictor plate racing? Lots of crashes brings in faux race fans plus NASCAR doesn't not have to pay to have the cars repaired.

While most race fans disapprove of purpose car crashing it sure helps the ratings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing