Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2014, 05:15 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,583,146 times

Advertisements

NASCAR names XFINITY as new series sponsor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 07:12 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
Good start to the Chase for team Penske.
Jack Roush should just withdraw because your three teams are an embarrassment to all Ford Fans.
Hire somebody to run the teams and retire already.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:18 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Jack Roush should just withdraw because your three teams are an embarrassment to all Ford Fans.
Maybe not retire, but at least step out of the way.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:33 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,890 times
Quote:
wouldn't surprise me to see both Brad and Joey in the final 4 come Homestead.. in fact, it probably would surprise me if we didn't see both..

Old 09-19-2014, 02:12 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
I wish the name was made the NASCAR Xfinity Grand National Series. Sure you can call it the Xfinity series for short, but it's hard to explain that vs. cup or trucks to an average fan without saying it is D-2 or AAA.

Old 09-19-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
They need new competition directors and a better top driver. Biffle isn't anywhere near a Cup winning caliber driver and Edwards has made two close campaigns but came up short and couldn't capitalize. That and they also need to be able to retain sponsors. That is the main reason Kenseth left. I don't get for the life of me, why Biffle is still there. Does he knows the skeletons in the closet or where the bodies are buried at RFR?

Old 09-19-2014, 04:41 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
They need new competition directors and a better top driver. Biffle isn't anywhere near a Cup winning caliber driver and Edwards has made two close campaigns but came up short and couldn't capitalize. That and they also need to be able to retain sponsors. That is the main reason Kenseth left. I don't get for the life of me, why Biffle is still there. Does he knows the skeletons in the closet or where the bodies are buried at RFR?
I disagree with the driving abilities of the Roush drivers. Stenhouse was the dominant Nationwide driver for two years in a row and is now a backmarker. Did he forget how to drive.
Edwards and Biffel are both winning drivers from years past. Did they both forget how to drive?

The problem is Jack, he thinks he knows better but the performance of his teams show he doesn't.

Kenseth left because Edwards got the money he thought he deserved.

BTW what happened the Kenseth this year? Did he also forget how to drive. Not at all, the Gibbs cars are not performing as well as the Penske and Hendrick cars.

As an owner you have to keep up or you lose your top quality drivers.

What has happened to Childress racing? Seven championships and he can't run with the top teams.

When Jack decides to step aside and let somebody else make the calls, his cars will return to victory lane.

Old 09-19-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
I disagree with the driving abilities of the Roush drivers. Stenhouse was the dominant Nationwide driver for two years in a row and is now a backmarker. Did he forget how to drive.
Edwards and Biffel are both winning drivers from years past. Did they both forget how to drive?

The problem is Jack, he thinks he knows better but the performance of his teams show he doesn't.

Kenseth left because Edwards got the money he thought he deserved.

BTW what happened the Kenseth this year? Did he also forget how to drive. Not at all, the Gibbs cars are not performing as well as the Penske and Hendrick cars.

As an owner you have to keep up or you lose your top quality drivers.

What has happened to Childress racing? Seven championships and he can't run with the top teams.

When Jack decides to step aside and let somebody else make the calls, his cars will return to victory lane.
Stenhouse was an good driver, but in Cup, that makes him average considering Cup is the creme de la creme of auto racing in America. I also think he was brought up faster due to Kenseth's departure. The other issue is he may not have a good crew chief that works with him. I always.thought between him and Bayne, Bayne was better. Bayne's issue though was his MS. Luckily fir him, he had a slight learning curve as he is going from a part-time schedule has ran since 2010 to a full time for 2015 in the same equipment (Wood Brothers up through this year ran RFR packages.)

Biffle was a decent b level driver that could get a win maybe two a year. But never really a solid title contender. The new chase format can fair him if he can win to survive.

As for RCR, they have started to tank dating back to the for car team in 2009 and hit s breaking point when Bowyer left. Now they have Newman and a pretty good rookie but in a VERY competitive Cup Series who again was brought up a year too fast.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:43 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,583,146 times
Good to see Gordon get another win and some extra confidence going into the Contender round. Really hoping he can get this championship as it's looking like Edwards won't be able to turn things around.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Yep; twenty years after turning NASCAR upside down; Gordon is amazing. poor ole Harvick; if he didn't have bad luck he wouldn't have any at all; as saying goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing