Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 03:27 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,866,412 times

Advertisements

...next year

The Godfather's Blog: BREAKING NEWS: Letarte Heading For TV Booth In 2015
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 06:34 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Wonder if Hendrick will move Knaus to Jr?

Old 01-10-2014, 06:45 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I don't believe it would make any difference.

Knaus is Hendricks best CC
Johnson is Hendricks best driver
Hendricks is the most influential owner in NASCAR

Together they are the best team year to year I have ever seen.

I'm not a Hendrick fan but he is doing whatever it takes to win.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:11 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
i don't see that happening.. i wouldn't mind it, but i just don't see it.

Personally, jr had his best finishes with at DEI and Tony Eury SR in the box.. since then, he has not won 3 or 4 races.. i wouldn't mind seeing them give the old man a call and see if would take on the job.. but i think he is with Jr Motorsports now. .probably sitting at a desk somewhere...

Old 01-10-2014, 05:19 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I don't believe it would make any difference.

Knaus is Hendricks best CC
Johnson is Hendricks best driver
Hendricks is the most influential owner in NASCAR

Together they are the best team year to year I have ever seen.

I'm not a Hendrick fan but he is doing whatever it takes to win.
Yep; plus fact its known JR is no Gordon or Johnson by now.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:17 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,858,957 times
Letarte on TV?! The guy isn't exactly good on camera, or very talkative. I can't see that being very interesting.

On JR, he's relevant? No way he gets the best CC in cup at this point.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:30 AM

Jr is relevant for sure. He had 10 top 5s last year and 22 top 10s so yea, he is relevant but i don't see him getting Knaus. I would be nice to see if Jimmy could win without Knaus and if Jr could... I think we would get a mixed bag.. jimmy would win less but still win and jr might win 1 or 2, 2 would honestly be huge for him.. but its not gonna happen unless Jimmy ups and leaves Hendrick for another team and that aint happening until he stops winning.. championships...

Old 01-15-2014, 08:43 AM

693 posts, read 1,107,334 times
Jr is a good driver with absolutely zero killer instinct and a phenomenal car/team. I am certainly not a Jr hater but there is no way he does as well with a team.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 979Texan View Post
Jr is a good driver with absolutely zero killer instinct and a phenomenal car/team. I am certainly not a Jr hater but there is no way he does as well with a team.
+1
Jr. is simply not hungry enough to win. He doesn't have to win in order to keep is seat, at least not yet anyway. I think he lost his edge after Eury Sr left his box.. not sure but i think he looked up to Eury Sr some what like he did his dad and probably listened to him more than anyone else..

Plus, He won't do what needs to be done to win a race for fear of being labeled a wreck-less driver. I think he is more worried about his reputation than he is his trophy case.

Still, he is my favorite driver and I wont jump ships until he stops racing full time.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:51 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
+1
Jr. is simply not hungry enough to win. He doesn't have to win in order to keep is seat, at least not yet anyway. I think he lost his edge after Eury Sr left his box.. not sure but i think he looked up to Eury Sr some what like he did his dad and probably listened to him more than anyone else..

Plus, He won't do what needs to be done to win a race for fear of being labeled a wreck-less driver. I think he is more worried about his reputation than he is his trophy case.

Still, he is my favorite driver and I wont jump ships until he stops racing full time.
I put Jr and Kyle Petty in the same boat. Son of a famous driver with decent driving skills but no real desire to race.
Kyle raced and won because he had good equipment and good genes but would rather play the guitar and sing.
Jr raced and won because he has good equipment, good genes but he would rather hang out with the guys and play video games.

Neither one had/has the killer instinct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing