Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2015, 10:43 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
that was a racing incident, carl had a run, and jr came down. however jr is not out of the chase yet, he is only 19 points out of the transfer spot, anything can happen over the next two races, just ask kyle busch and kevin harvick.
Yep. I was just a little irritated after the race yesterday..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 12:01 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Yep. I was just a little irritated after the race yesterday..
i completely understand, many was the time when i would make similar claims over the years when my drivers were on the losing end of situations like that, and when i had the chance to cool off, and look at the situation again with a clear head, i would see that it was just a racing incident.

i have also been rooting for drivers on the other end as well.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:40 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
The Kyle and Kyle crash on pit road.

IMO both at fault. Kyle Bush trying to deke out the field.
Kyle Larson too late a turn in .

Old 10-13-2015, 04:46 AM

9,504 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
The Kyle and Kyle crash on pit road.

IMO both at fault. Kyle Bush trying to deke out the field.
Kyle Larson too late a turn in .
Kyle Busch has always been good about faking entries into pit road. This time it bit him and may end his run for a championship.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:03 AM

17,585 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Kyle Busch has always been good about faking entries into pit road. This time it bit him and may end his run for a championship.
The great roll of the dice is coming up this weekend, however.

Anyone could literally go from 12th to the points lead after 'Dega.

Of course, anything can happen on any race day.. I seem to remember Mark Martin running into another car on the pace laps before a race a number of years back.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:06 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Congrats to Joe-E Logano. @ Charlotte
The Win plus best burnout ever. I don't even like burnouts but that was killer.

Looking for some opinions from you guys.

How is it that Logano has had one of the most consistently good cars over the last 12-15 races and probably even longer, yet his teammate is ALWAYS having trouble with his car?

Seems like being teammates, the 2 should have the same package and setup as the 22, especially when week after week the 22 is in contention.

Brad has looked like he had a shot in maybe 4 races since mid July.

Any ideas on how that can be?

Old 10-13-2015, 09:59 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Looking for some opinions from you guys.

How is it that Logano has had one of the most consistently good cars over the last 12-15 races and probably even longer, yet his teammate is ALWAYS having trouble with his car?

Seems like being teammates, the 2 should have the same package and setup as the 22, especially when week after week the 22 is in contention.

Brad has looked like he had a shot in maybe 4 races since mid July.

Any ideas on how that can be?
You can have 2 cars set up exactly the same, and both will drive differently, and just because they are teammates doesnt mean they share everything. Plus, each driver may not like the others setup. too many variables to say one is better than the other.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:26 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
The great roll of the dice is coming up this weekend, however.

Anyone could literally go from 12th to the points lead after 'Dega.

Of course, anything can happen on any race day.. I seem to remember Mark Martin running into another car on the pace laps before a race a number of years back.

haha I remember that. It was MM? Too funny, he was not that kind of wreck 'em driver at all.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:14 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
You can have 2 cars set up exactly the same, and both will drive differently, and just because they are teammates doesnt mean they share everything. Plus, each driver may not like the others setup. too many variables to say one is better than the other.
in addition, even though the setups may be the same, and even if the drivers liked the same things, the cars are still going to be slightly different. slight differences in the angles of the brackets that locate the suspension pieces for instance can make enough of a difference in how the car handles, or how the chassis responds to changes. remember all these cars are hand built, and even using the same **** does not guarantee the cars will be built identically.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:17 PM

17,585 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
haha I remember that. It was MM? Too funny, he was not that kind of wreck 'em driver at all.
if my memory serves, it was 2002 in the final race of the year when he was racing Stewart for the championship. He was cleaning his tires before the green flag and "The steering box locked up"..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing