Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2015, 03:02 PM

890 posts, read 1,849,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post

I don't know is there any other sport that changes the rules as much as NASCAR does?
No sport changes the rules mid-season, or seemingly during the game like nascar ( lowercase for emphasis)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 03:19 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd View Post
No sport changes the rules mid-season, or seemingly during the game like nascar ( lowercase for emphasis)
yeppers.. I am certain that if they thought they could get away with it.. NASCAR would have changed the rule (they just changed) at the end of yesterday's race.. just for this one race..

Old 10-26-2015, 04:20 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
yeppers.. I am certain that if they thought they could get away with it.. NASCAR would have changed the rule (they just changed) at the end of yesterday's race.. just for this one race..
Well, in a way, they did.. "Oh, they didn't make it to the start/finish line, so it wasn't technically an attempt at a GWC"

I guaran-damn-tee you that were there still three attempts at a GWC, that would have counted as one.

Old 10-27-2015, 09:41 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Because how do they 'fix' it? In any way that they tried to fix it, people would be ticked off and someone would be claiming it wasn't fair and would be right.

If they kick out Harvick and put in Newman (Who finished 9th in points) then Earnhardt has an argument of "Well, if he hadn't caused the wreck, I would have won, and I would have made it in"..

If they kick out Harvick and put in Earnhardt, then Newman has a legitimate argument that he would move up to 8th in points.. You can't say who would have won the race and Earnhardt had no chance to point his way in.

The pitch Harvick and bring noone else in..

They pitch Harvick and bring in both Newman and Earnhardt.. Well, Kenseth could make an argument he would have come from 8th to win the race...

There's no good outcome. However, I think Harvick destroyed his chance to win a championship.. Someone will be taking him out at Martinsville. And I think Logano is in the same boat.. Kenseth will be gunning for them.

THAT would be the stupid part of what Harvick did.. He's got a quarter of the field, at least, ticked off at him, and we're going to Martinsville. Where noone will have a problem dumping him, and he can't escape.
But only Martinsville but PIR too. PIR is known for payback too. Texas is the only of this round that isn't a payback track.

As for what they should do, put little E in and Newman, it was what NASCAR did two years ago with the MWR cheating to get Truex out by placing Newman and Gordon in. Then again, NASCAR isn't known as being consistent with rules. Just see Kyle Busch wrecking Hornaday in a truck race screwing up their points race and getting suspended in 2011 vs. Gordon wrecking Bowyer at PIR to screw with the chase and getting nothing in 2012.

These reasons and the new chase are why I don't really miss watching NASCAR anymore. Got better things to do with my time than give them my time and viewership if they are going to put out a parody of a product I enjoy.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:36 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
Honestly, in the moment they should have relegated Harvick to last place and froze the field before the wreck. That would have been a solution that gets Harvick out, which he deserves, and the wreck never happened. But that makes sense so nah. hehe

Read this morning no penalties for Harvick. Okay then. Gordon is getting out at the right time. I know nascar is thinking 'everyone's talking about it so it's all good' but they are wrong. This stuff will kill the golden goose which isn't all that healthy to begin with.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:46 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Honestly, in the moment they should have relegated Harvick to last place and froze the field before the wreck. That would have been a solution that gets Harvick out, which he deserves, and the wreck never happened. But that makes sense so nah. hehe

Read this morning no penalties for Harvick. Okay then. Gordon is getting out at the right time. I know nascar is thinking 'everyone's talking about it so it's all good' but they are wrong. This stuff will kill the golden goose which isn't all that healthy to begin with.
It shows NASCAR is consistent in that they are inconsistent when it comes to rules. How can Martin Truex Jr. be thrown out of the chase for his teammates conspiring to get in with Ryan Newman and Jeff Gordon can be put in his place but Newman and Dale Earnhardt Jr. cannot when Kevin Harvick conspires by causing a wreck to freeze the field at the caution? NASCAR set a precedent but as I mentioned, NASCAR is consistent that they don't truly follow them.

I think NASCAR is asking for Harvick to be dumped for the rest of the season by non-chasers. The only chance Harvick has is winning Texas because Martinsville and PIR are ripe for payback and "unintentional spins."

Old 10-27-2015, 03:27 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,771,155 times
I have been slowly losing interest in Nascar and after Talladega's terrible ending that will be the last one I watch this year. You follow races and drivers all year and all of a sudden when everything is on the line they change the rules. Only 1 green-white-checker try .... WHAT !!! Oh and you have a car allowed to start in the front of the pack that can't go 30 miles an hour. To put the final nail in the coffin that driver takes out someone to END what should have been one of the most exciting finishes of the year. Insult to injury he gets away with it. I didn't have a horse in the race as my driver (Ricky Rudd) retired years ago. I just wanted to see what should have been a great race. Instead I wasted most of my Sunday afternoon. Never again.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:49 AM

It's sad but that's pretty much how everyone feels these days. Since I didn't get to see the race I was already put off.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:28 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,300,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
It's sad but that's pretty much how everyone feels these days. Since I didn't get to see the race I was already put off.
Did you try watching online?

NBC Sports

Old 10-30-2015, 10:59 AM

No, I stay away from the computer Sunday's. So that's not an option for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing