Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2015, 02:46 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,259,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Also if Logano don't make the chase in Phoenix by a win or catastrophes, Kenseth better watch for payback of his own whether it is off the track or getting spun at Miami. That is unless the appeal is actually heard that week and the suspension is reduced to one week...
He would have to be the worlds biggest idiot to even attempt payback on Kenseth before Fontana or so next year.. They've established the two race, is that isn't a deterrent, then it'll go up to 3..

Kenseth is sitting out 2, basically meaningless races. Logano would be sitting out the first couple of races to start next year, including the Daytona 500.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 02:59 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
He would have to be the worlds biggest idiot to even attempt payback on Kenseth before Fontana or so next year.. They've established the two race, is that isn't a deterrent, then it'll go up to 3..

Kenseth is sitting out 2, basically meaningless races. Logano would be sitting out the first couple of races to start next year, including the Daytona 500.
Kenseth was dinged for screwing with the points chase, what can Logano get dinged for if he don't spin chasers? I may not like Kenseth's appeal BUT remember NASCAR set the precedent with Busch in 2011 Texas truck race for tangling with Hornaday and then didn't uphold it with Gordon spinning Bowyer the next year at Phoenix. NASCAR don't enforce rules evenly and until they do, their suspensions are garbage and thus Kenseth appealed it.

Old 11-11-2015, 04:40 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Kenseth was dinged for screwing with the points chase, what can Logano get dinged for if he don't spin chasers? I may not like Kenseth's appeal BUT remember NASCAR set the precedent with Busch in 2011 Texas truck race for tangling with Hornaday and then didn't uphold it with Gordon spinning Bowyer the next year at Phoenix. NASCAR don't enforce rules evenly and until they do, their suspensions are garbage and thus Kenseth appealed it.
I thought Kenseth had his two appeals last Thursday and it's a done deal...

Old 11-11-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I thought Kenseth had his two appeals last Thursday and it's a done deal...
He did and it is.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:08 PM

890 posts, read 1,849,893 times
End result of the appeal was that Kenseth's probation ends December 31, 2015 instead of going into April of next season.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:16 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Default Where is the Penske speed?

Something suspicious going on. The last six weeks the Penske cars have been the fastest and most consistant cars in qualifying and leading races. Now when their backs are against the wall they can't even crack the top ten in qualifying. Did NASCAR take away some of their HP or did the other brands all of a sudden find the speed that has been missing?

I know about the "Golden Horseshoe" but I thought their was only one not a dozen of them.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:16 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Something suspicious going on. The last six weeks the Penske cars have been the fastest and most consistant cars in qualifying and leading races. Now when their backs are against the wall they can't even crack the top ten in qualifying. Did NASCAR take away some of their HP or did the other brands all of a sudden find the speed that has been missing?

I know about the "Golden Horseshoe" but I thought their was only one not a dozen of them.
I woke up thinking the same thing, really, I don't understand.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:20 AM

890 posts, read 1,849,893 times
Maybe now that their backs are against the wall they are taking chances that aren't working. That would be rather un-Penskelike though.

Or maybe they are more concerned about race setups vs. qualifying.

I suspect they will be ok come raceday...though it wouldn't really bother me if they aren't.

Last edited by dbbd; 11-15-2015 at 01:21 AM..

Old 11-15-2015, 01:07 PM

5,210 posts, read 6,142,795 times
Interesting read.........but long.

The rise and fall of NASCAR: Why tracks are removing seats - The Globe and Mail

Old 11-15-2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
So far.. Pretty intrigued by this article.. I don't fully agree with it.. Eldora is dirt after all.. But, we're talking Cup series only in the article.

I will continue with it later.. But, let me say that I have been to.. Darlington, Bristol, Richmond, Charlotte, Kansas, Martinsville and Texas for races (Plus Iowa for a Truck race.. This is a GREAT track). I went to The Winston/All Star Race every year from 1997 to 2008 (With the exception of '02.. Went to the 600 that year).. I haven't been to a race since '06 I'd say.

The All Star race.. The format changes so much.. It just wasn't worth it anymore, and I wouldn't consider going back to it now that they're running the showdown the day before. The 2 years they did the equal segments.. It was awful and I haven't been back.

My stepbrother owns a sports bar in KC, and can get tickets to the Kansas race anytime I want.. I went in 2002 and 2003. Very nice track.. Good racing. Just don't have the gumption to go anymore.

Bristol was a nightmare. 400lb woman whose fat ass covered 3 seat numbers on the bench seat. And this was back in the day when it was nearly impossible to get a ticket to Bristol. This one, I might consider going to, as I think i'm one of the very few people who think Bristol racing improved when they opened up the second groove.

Earnhardt's death, even though I wasn't a real fan of his.. Really took alot from the sport. I mean, noone thinks about it now, but he would be retired at this point. Lord, he'd be closing in on 70 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing