Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2015, 08:46 PM

719 posts, read 1,052,417 times

Advertisements

I was disappointed with what had been a good race up to that point .I only watch NASCAR off and on during most of the season but I do watch Daytona every year. Would you have let them race to the finish or thrown the caution for safety reasons?I was hoping to see a fight to the checkered flag but given the situation maybe that wasn't safe. And the 3 wide racing for much of the time. Do you like the cars bunched up for that much of the race (NASCAR seems to be pushing that 3 wide racing is great) or do you think that's the downside of restrictor plate racing that leads to finishes like today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 10:27 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,540,710 times
The finish under caution spoiled the race really. From what I saw they could have finished the race to the line.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:40 PM

8,592 posts, read 14,769,610 times
Based on how strung out everybody was it probably wouldn't have changed the result, but they should have let them race back to the checkered flag.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,654,023 times
with the wreck on the backstretch, chances are that letting them race back to the line would not have caused any safety issues, depending on how many cars there were behind the wreck that we didnt see.

in the xfinity race yesterday they let the cars race back to the line despite there being a last lap wreck, but then again there were no safety issues as the wreck was at the back of the pack.

that said however, i doubt that letting them race to the line would have changed anything, i think logano was too far out in front too deep into the lap for anyone to pass him.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:39 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,892,173 times
I really do not think anyone had anything for Logano at that point as the front was single file with some space between. Still, there would have been no harm in holding the yellow a little longer to see if anyone was going to make a run on him.

I suspect they were worried that staying green to the checkered flag may not have allowed them enough time to bring speeds down before getting back to the carnage on the back stretch.

Overall, I am not angry about it as a lot of people seem to be on social media. Disappointed, but not all that upset.

Overall I thought Logano had an impressive run. After a few good runs last year it appears he didn't just have a good year, and is taking a step into the top echelon of the sport. I am sure that will upset many due to his lack of popularity.... but with Kyle out for a while somebody has to play the role of the primary heel!

Old 02-24-2015, 07:30 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,632,008 times
I don't like the 3 wide racing.. fast cars get stuck and can't move up... I didn't like the yellow flag on the last lap. Very inconsistent from what they did on Saturday. ??? Regardless, the race was fun to watch.. a bit hotter than I expected but still very enjoyable!

Old 03-07-2015, 07:56 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,033,635 times
I sometimes wonder if that yellow at the end of a race isnt contrived so that the actual finish of the race can look much more exciting with all the cars bunched together for the restart and ultimate finish,it sure seems to happen with a regularity that defies coincidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing