Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 07:51 AM

983 posts, read 1,633,639 times

Advertisements

That race was total chaos. Loved it!

BTW, Pastor Maldonado got 3 penalties in the same race, including one for speeding in the pitlane while serving one of the other penalties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 09:16 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,816,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
I'm intrigued by the new rules that forbid communicating clutch settings to the driver on the way to the grid, they will have to figure out the setup for the start on their own, making starts more interesting and maybe allowing for some mixup at the start...
I keep hearing that F1 wants to ban driver coaching - and yet I keep hearing it, race after race. I guess they mean info about car settings only and I really don't see the point. The clutch settings, for instance - they practice standing starts during all the practice runs. The roll out from the garage to the grid doesn't really get them any new info that they didn't have prior.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:36 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,180,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
That race was total chaos. Loved it!

BTW, Pastor Maldonado got 3 penalties in the same race, including one for speeding in the pitlane while serving one of the other penalties.
At least he is good at something

Old 07-28-2015, 07:14 AM

5 posts, read 4,172 times
That was one hell of a race. If only we got to see that on an ongoing basis.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:01 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,551,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
I keep hearing that F1 wants to ban driver coaching - and yet I keep hearing it, race after race. I guess they mean info about car settings only and I really don't see the point. The clutch settings, for instance - they practice standing starts during all the practice runs. The roll out from the garage to the grid doesn't really get them any new info that they didn't have prior.
To be the "premier" racing series in the world, they try to ban a lot of crap that doesn't matter. F1 would do better to let the guys race and concentrate on going to good venues with large crowds (and catering to their fanbase), and less on number of engines used, or type of engine, or what's being said over the radio between a driver and his engineer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing