Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 10:54 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,813,269 times

Advertisements

tony and company may make on offer, but i doubt the ward family will take it, unless they feel their case is really weak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 06:14 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,993,018 times
I certainly can understand why they filed the suit. Whether or not they can sufficiently prove liability in court, or whether they pursue or accept a settlement with Stewart is another story entirely.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:50 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,858,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
this is exactly why we have real courts in this world, and not just the court of public opinion. you have not seen all the evidence, listened to all the witnesses, or anything else, and you are presuming that stewart is guilty. i just hope that you never serve on a jury, or have to deal with people like you on a jury when you r life is at stake.
'people like you' the mating call of overbearing ignorance. It's an opinion and simply that. We have courts to settle disputes which will now happen.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:42 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,813,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
'people like you' the mating call of overbearing ignorance. It's an opinion and simply that. We have courts to settle disputes which will now happen.
in other words its your "opinion" that stewart is guilty. i have made no such opinion, and will accept the findings of the investigators, and ultimately the courts because i have not seen anything but the little bit of video that was plastered all over the internet, and i have not heard any testimony from other drivers, or stewart himself. as such i cannot in good conscience say that stewart is guilty of anything at this point.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:46 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,810,624 times
I do not agree with these civil lawsuits arising out of criminal acquittals (even in the O.J. Simpson case), or cases in which indictments were not brought. Ward's parents have said that they feel that Stewart "got away with" killing their son.

Civil suits are often a means to make someone's life miserable when they've been found "not guilty " in a criminal court. That's not exacting justice. That's taking advantage of the lower standard of proof in a civil suit to find civil culpability, and is often born of emotion rather than thinking.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:57 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,580,406 times
Ward's parents were on GMA and are going with the woe is me line. "Tony gets to race everyday, but we will never get to see our son again." Not exact, but that's what they were saying. Your son would still be alive if he wasn't being a moron getting so close to Tony's car.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:32 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,376,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
Ward's parents were on GMA and are going with the woe is me line. "Tony gets to race everyday, but we will never get to see our son again." Not exact, but that's what they were saying. Your son would still be alive if he wasn't being a moron getting so close to Tony's car.
The "woe is me" is a little harsh. Everyday here in the US probably hundreds if not thousands are killed in auto crashes and somebody is at fault. None are ever intentional, even the drunk who kills your kid, mother, father didn't set out to kill somebody.

TS did not set out to kill anybody but for some reason his car hit a person on the track.

Money is not going to bring their son back they just want somebody, TS to accept responsability.

Old 08-21-2015, 09:56 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,904,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
The "woe is me" is a little harsh. Everyday here in the US probably hundreds if not thousands are killed in auto crashes and somebody is at fault. None are ever intentional, even the drunk who kills your kid, mother, father didn't set out to kill somebody.

TS did not set out to kill anybody but for some reason his car hit a person on the track.

Money is not going to bring their son back they just want somebody, TS to accept responsability.
Unfortunately, the person who needs to take responsibility for the death is no longer with us. I felt bad for the Ward's at first, but no more.

Whether their lawyer is positioning them to be this ridiculous or whether they have worse judgment than their kid remains to be determined, but the interview with the parents the other day was a series of flat-out lies. The first claim right off the bat was that Stewart wrecked their kids car. The video proved that to be a lie a year ago! Then there were other statements, but I forget what they were right now.

Old 08-22-2015, 07:03 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,376,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Unfortunately, the person who needs to take responsibility for the death is no longer with us. I felt bad for the Ward's at first, but no more.

Whether their lawyer is positioning them to be this ridiculous or whether they have worse judgment than their kid remains to be determined, but the interview with the parents the other day was a series of flat-out lies. The first claim right off the bat was that Stewart wrecked their kids car. The video proved that to be a lie a year ago! Then there were other statements, but I forget what they were right now.
Here is what you don't understand.
If a drunk walks out in front of you and you run him over you will get sued by his relatives and your ins co will pay as a nuisance claim. (ins co. have money)

It's not about who was right or wrong it's about who has the ability to pay.

Since no ins co is involved in the TS case (I presume) he will pay because he is responsible. (has money)

Is it right? Probably not but that's how things work, especially when the person found at fault has money.

Old 08-23-2015, 11:12 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,803,123 times
From watching film of the tragedy and blood test results I don't think it going anywhere but maybe hoping for a settlement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing