Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2016, 10:19 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Petty is just a figurehead at this point. If he owns any of that company, it's a very, very small percentage.

That team is poised to breakthrough.. They made a bad hire with Hornish (Not a bad driver, bad fit there) and another one with Brian Scott, though he was hired for sponsorship, I believe.

I like Almirola.. I've been saying he's going to be a good, solid driver since back in his Gibbs days. He needs a veteran teammate, and I think he.. Not becomes a top driver, but a driver who wins one or two races a year fairly reliably. And yes, in Petty equipment.

That team, I feel, is just missing small pieces of the puzzle.
RPM has had a few shining moments but that's about it. As far as Petty goes I think he gets a check for the use of his name for the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Where do you get those puzzle pieces?

Agree on Hornish, more proof that winning open wheel drivers don't necessarily become winning NASCAR drivers. Pretty sure Penske recognized that. SHR sure knows it.

NASCAR is no different than MLB or the NFL, there are only so many elite players available weather it's drivers or engineers or mechanics.
Hendrick recoginized that,Gibbs, Penske,SHR all recognized that and thats why those teams win.

Jack Roush tried to win with last years stars and you see where that got him. Only now is he trying to bring in better players but the pool has thinned out.
RPM is in the same situation. Where are they going to get elite players?

Ford signing SHR is one of the biggest moves in NASCAR history. They bought half of Hendricks team.

BTW, If i'm a Hendricks engineer and SHR needs a few new top shelf engines, I think i'm saving them for Elliott, Johnson or Jr.
Everham and Letarte were discussing that this past week. Although the cooperation will continue between HMS & SHR, SHR won't be getting the benefit of any technical improvements from HMS the rest of the season. Who could blame them?
Money aside I don't see why if SHR wanted to be independent they just didn't break away from HMS. Gibbs was a HMS affiliate when the team first started then broke away and built their own chassis before going to Toyota.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 05:44 PM

5,189 posts, read 6,139,618 times
Wow.......now with lasers for measurement. I am taking it from the link below Kyle was sent to the back for camber being out less than a half degree. Seems like that is a wicked tight tolerance.

NASCAR explains why Kyle Busch’s car failed inspection: Lasers – NASCAR Talk

Old 02-27-2016, 08:02 PM

5,459 posts, read 8,178,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I'll bet their insurance companies are sooooo happy they're doing this...
"I've wrecked a lot of times on a motorcycle." " I was aiming for the tuff block."

Lucky he wasn't hurt. I'm amazed that they didn't have more tuff blocks set up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu53fVBeUSY

Old 02-28-2016, 06:34 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
"I've wrecked a lot of times on a motorcycle." " I was aiming for the tuff block."

Lucky he wasn't hurt. I'm amazed that they didn't have more tuff blocks set up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu53fVBeUSY
When Bowyer found out he would be driving a Ford next year he probably figured his career was over anyway so at least get one more win anyway he could.

Old 02-28-2016, 11:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
When Bowyer found out he would be driving a Ford next year he probably figured his career was over anyway so at least get one more win anyway he could.
Disability manybe???

Old 02-28-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Wow.......now with lasers for measurement. I am taking it from the link below Kyle was sent to the back for camber being out less than a half degree. Seems like that is a wicked tight tolerance.

NASCAR explains why Kyle Busch’s car failed inspection: Lasers – NASCAR Talk
Couldn't happen to a better guy!

Old 02-28-2016, 03:55 PM

17,582 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Couldn't happen to a better guy!
Where did he finish? Oh, yeah..

Who's the points leader? Oh, yeah..

200+ laps caution free.. I did NOT see that coming.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Where did he finish? Oh, yeah..

Who's the points leader? Oh, yeah..

200+ laps caution free.. I did NOT see that coming.
Well I know who finished first.... GO JIMMIE #48

Old 02-29-2016, 09:55 AM

3,868 posts, read 4,079,169 times
Quote:
Well I know who finished first.... GO JIMMIE #48
Make sure to crack the back Jimmie.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:59 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,872,464 times
Anyone see Harvick sticking with SHR?

I predict he'll be in the 5 car at Hendrick next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing